Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for Simon
01-09-2014, 13:57
RE: Support for Simon
(01-09-2014 12:23)DavidL Wrote:  My preferred server is minimServer which I currently control with Audionet on an iPad mini.

I've just tried to use Audionet but it refuses to discover MinimServer. It does discover Twonky. I've tried force-quitting and restarting the app and I've tried restarting the iPod. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 14:15 (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 14:16 by winxi.)
I'm also highly satisfied with BubbleUPnP. I've tried different control point software on various platforms and nothing came close in terms of compatibility and usability.
I also that it is worth buying an android device for this purpose. btw, the autor of BubbleUPnP stated several times that it will never be ported to ios or any other platform.
01-09-2014, 15:24
(01-09-2014 13:57)simoncn Wrote:  I've just tried to use Audionet but it refuses to discover MinimServer. It does discover Twonky. I've tried force-quitting and restarting the app and I've tried restarting the iPod. Any suggestions?

I'm away from home at the moment so I cannot test and confirm MinimServer / Audionet now, however I'll check when I get back to the UK next week.

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
01-09-2014, 20:58
(31-08-2014 20:51)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  I like the idea. But for an Apple user like me Minim Server is the best music server software available but still miles away of what I'm expecting from a non-technical user's standpoint. So I guess Simon would have to learn a quite new approach to make his software easier to use for users like me.

Simon does not need to. I can help you. I set this thing up in less than 10 minutes; what exactly is/are your problem(s). I see it as fully functional. The main and only issue for me is a free control point on all platforms, but mostly for OS X.
01-09-2014, 22:20
I would expect automatic installation of updates (no need of knowledge what kind of processor my NAS has or which java I need ...).

Then I would like to have an application on my Mac (it could be Minim Watch or a separate application) that lets me control the settings of Minim Server on my NAS. This application should have an 'expert mode' which shows me a list with every single tag in the respective music collection, so that I can do something on Minim Server settings. Instantly comes to mind:

- Combine tags with each other (for example: composer & ": " & album & " (" & artist & ")" & whatever I want)

- Choose the tags which shall be displayed on the control app by simple clicking.

- Change the sort order of the tags by simple dragging.
02-09-2014, 09:29
(01-09-2014 22:20)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  I would expect automatic installation of updates (no need of knowledge what kind of processor my NAS has or which java I need ...).

If you have a QNAP NAS, installing MinimServer from the App Center automatically installs the correct version of Java. The App Center also tells you when a newer version of MinimServer is available and allows you to install it with one click.

When a new MinimServer update is available, you will get a pop-up in MinimWatch inviting you to install the update. I think the pop-up is useful because it makes the user aware that a new update has been installed.
02-09-2014, 16:36 (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 16:36 by Dieter Stockert.)
(02-09-2014 09:29)simoncn Wrote:  If you have a QNAP NAS, installing MinimServer from the App Center automatically installs the correct version of Java. The App Center also tells you when a newer version of MinimServer is available and allows you to install it with one click.

I have a QNAP NAS but that didn't happen yet.
02-09-2014, 17:58 (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 18:00 by simoncn.)
(02-09-2014 16:36)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  I have a QNAP NAS but that didn't happen yet.

Which firmware level are you running on the QNAP? From QTS 4.0 onwards, the App Center is available on the QNAP desktop. See this page for details of how to install and update MinimServer from the App Center.
02-09-2014, 21:09
Thank you, Simon. Firmware is 3.3.1 Build 0823T. I think I have to look which QNAP model I have (must be TS-109 or something like that) before downloading a newer version. But I'm a little afraid of losing my data when updating the firmware. I have two backups, but it would cost a lot of time. I will come back the next days ...
02-09-2014, 21:22
(02-09-2014 21:09)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  Thank you, Simon. Firmware is 3.3.1 Build 0823T. I think I have to look which QNAP model I have (must be TS-109 or something like that) before downloading a newer version. But I'm a little afraid of losing my data when updating the firmware. I have two backups, but it would cost a lot of time. I will come back the next days ...

The latest firmware for the TS-109 is 3.3.2, so unfortunately you won't be able to see how easy it is to use the App Center to install and update MinimServer. Sad