Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install on terastation intel atom
16-08-2014, 14:19 (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 14:19 by simoncn.)
RE: Install on terastation intel atom
(16-08-2014 12:09)hpapen Wrote:  I did tar -xvzf

The incorrect ownership is caused by a problem with how the tar file was built. I'll rebuild it and upload a new version to the MinimServer website.

Quote:I tried but still same outcome:
root@paapnas:/usr/local/minimserver/data# vi minimserver.out

Please upload the complete minimserver.out file to your PC and post it here as a file attachment. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 14:53

.out  minimserver.out (Size: 8.62 KB / Downloads: 3)
(16-08-2014 14:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 12:09)hpapen Wrote:  I did tar -xvzf

The incorrect ownership is caused by a problem with how the tar file was built. I'll rebuild it and upload a new version to the MinimServer website.

Quote:I tried but still same outcome:
root@paapnas:/usr/local/minimserver/data# vi minimserver.out

Please upload the complete minimserver.out file to your PC and post it here as a file attachment. Thanks!
Attachment sent and thank you
.out  minimserver.out (Size: 8.62 KB / Downloads: 3)
16-08-2014, 15:10
(16-08-2014 14:53)hpapen Wrote:  Attachment sent and thank you

Thanks very much! I don't see anything unusual here, so let's hope the new 0.8.2a download fixes the problem. It's available now from the MinimServer downloads page. Please remove all the previous files using rm -rf /usr/local/minimserver before you install the new download.
16-08-2014, 17:21
New error
What did I do:
rm -rf minimserver
downloaded new tar.a
tar -xvzf .a
Everything now owned by root!!
minimserver/bin/startd nothing, startc same old error
removed minimserver again and restarted nas
run tar
run startd and c NEW error which gives me hope
minimimserver/bin/startd --trace

I included minimserver.out and minimserver.log

When I run startc there is some additional information posted below

[i]MinimServer 0.8.2 update 32, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
starting MinimServer
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:
>Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM warning: You have loaded library /usr/local/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: /usr/local/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

In the meantime I installed the windows version on pc and played around a bit.
WOW this is what I want
Tia

Attached File(s)
.out  minimserver.out (Size: 39.48 KB / Downloads: 2)
.log  minimserver.log (Size: 2.52 KB / Downloads: 1)
16-08-2014, 17:58
(16-08-2014 17:21)hpapen Wrote:  run startd and c NEW error which gives me hope
minimimserver/bin/startd --trace

This is definite progress.

Quote:I included minimserver.out and minimserver.log

When I run startc there is some additional information posted below

[i]MinimServer 0.8.2 update 32, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
starting MinimServer
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:
>Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM warning: You have loaded library /usr/local/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.

This is a warning and you can safely ignore it. I think I know how to stop it from appearing.

Quote:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: /usr/local/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

This probably means you are using Java x86 with MinimServer x64. The solution is to remove all the MinimServer x64 files and install MinimServer x86.

Quote:In the meantime I installed the windows version on pc and played around a bit.
WOW this is what I want
Tia

We will get there. Smile
16-08-2014, 18:23
Quote:This probably means you are using Java x86 with MinimServer x64. The solution is to remove all the MinimServer x64 files and install MinimServer x86.

I thought that as well and already tried without result. It resulted in some other error. I will give it another try though and restart nas as well
16-08-2014, 20:17
Minimserver up and running on the Buffalo TS-WVHL atom d510

I did the above and that fixed it

I will reinstall with the proper x64 java jre. The headless version(ejre) oracle provides is x86 only.
I will take a look to an automatic start as well

Many, many thanks to Simon for the great support provided

Kind regards,
Harry
16-08-2014, 20:53
(16-08-2014 20:17)hpapen Wrote:  Minimserver up and running on the Buffalo TS-WVHL atom d510

I did the above and that fixed it

I will reinstall with the proper x64 java jre. The headless version(ejre) oracle provides is x86 only.
I will take a look to an automatic start as well

Many, many thanks to Simon for the great support provided

Kind regards,
Harry

I'm very pleased to hear this is working now. Smile

I think you will get better performance from MinimServer with the combination I suggested of x86 Java and x86 MinimServer. x64 Java uses the server JVM, which is optimized more for throughput than for responsiveness.

You should be able to use the minimserver/bin/setup command to enable automatic start. Please let me know if you have any problems with this.
16-08-2014, 21:43 (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 21:45 by hpapen.)
(16-08-2014 20:53)simoncn Wrote:  I think you will get better performance from MinimServer with the combination I suggested of x86 Java and x86 MinimServer. x64 Java uses the server JVM, which is optimized more for throughput than for responsiveness
I am a complete newbie on Linux and java so I will follow your advice
(16-08-2014 20:53)simoncn Wrote:  You should be able to use the minimserver/bin/setup command to enable automatic start. Please let me know if you have any problems with this
I will give it a try. I have seen it today.This creates a file minimserver in etc/init.d? executable with option start/stop? what do I have to do with it ?
16-08-2014, 21:53 (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 21:54 by simoncn.)
(16-08-2014 21:43)hpapen Wrote:  I am a complete newbie on Linux and java so I will follow your advice

For a newbie, you are doing extremely well with all this. Smile

Quote:I will give it a try. I have seen it today.This creates a file minimserver in etc/init.d? executable with option start/stop? what do I have to do with it ?

In most versions of Linux, you don't need to do anything with it. Linux will run this file automatically on startup and shutdown. Do you know what version of Linux you have in your NAS?