Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LinnADS/dopwav
15-08-2014, 06:56
LinnADS/dopwav
I am currently trying to play a dff file using a Linn Akurate DS player. In Kazoo I can see that the file is playing as normal - in the now playing section you can see the time ticking by, the file type is given WAV176,4kHz/24bit...no problems. Also on the front panel of the DS player everything seems to be normal - it shows a WAV file is playing when you scroll through the display options - all file info is given like any other file...

Only one problem - silence, no sound at all...

Does this mean the Linn will not accept dopwav...? All other WAV files play as normal...

Many thanks for any help available!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 08:53 (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 08:54 by simoncn.)
RE: LinnADS/dopwav
(15-08-2014 06:56)Gussy Wrote:  I am currently trying to play a dff file using a Linn Akurate DS player. In Kazoo I can see that the file is playing as normal - in the now playing section you can see the time ticking by, the file type is given WAV176,4kHz/24bit...no problems. Also on the front panel of the DS player everything seems to be normal - it shows a WAV file is playing when you scroll through the display options - all file info is given like any other file...

Only one problem - silence, no sound at all...

Does this mean the Linn will not accept dopwav...? All other WAV files play as normal...

Many thanks for any help available!!!

DoP/WAV is a standard for encoding (wrapping) DSD data within a WAV stream. The Linn DS range doesn't support DSD and doesn't know about DoP/WAV, so it is "playing" the WAV stream as if it were a normal PCM WAV stream. If you listen closely, you will hear a faint hiss (the encoded PCM signal) rather than absolute silence.
15-08-2014, 10:09
RE: LinnADS/dopwav
Bummer!

Many thanks for your fast reply - thought that might be the case...

Installed MinimServer last night for the first time - very impressed!!!

Thanks again!