Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listing New tracks
30-01-2013, 21:55 (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 21:56 by Peter@57m.)
RE: Listing New tracks
I am using custom tags on my flac files to do this sort of selection.
I have one which I set in MediaMonkey (I'm sure mp3tag etc. can do this too) to a value of Recent when I rip the CD or add a download. When I rip the next set, I review the ones with the Recent tag set and decide which I want to keep. I then add the field to the indexTag in properties to get it available in Kinsky for my Linn KilmaxDSM. I find this suites me better than automatic "recent" tags done by servers.
I use another tag for Dynamic Range - mostly out of curiosity - but do create some playlists of Dyn Range 15+.
However I have to use Twonky via Kinsky to play these m3u playlists. I would love to see external playlists supported soon. I'd like to stop using Twonky and I like the sound of wav24 which is only done by MinimServer.
The fact that you can create your own tags and have MinimServer index them and display them in the control point is incredibly flexible. I would encourage people to play with this as it will solve a lot of I'd like this or that tag issues.
Using tags is the correct approach rather than moving items from folder to folder.
Peter

PS: Simon - keep up the good work - its a great product already and will get better I'm sure

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Lumin & Kazoo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 20:18
(30-01-2013 21:55)Peter@57m Wrote:  I am using custom tags on my flac files to do this sort of selection.
I have one which I set in MediaMonkey (I'm sure mp3tag etc. can do this too) to a value of Recent when I rip the CD or add a download. When I rip the next set, I review the ones with the Recent tag set and decide which I want to keep. I then add the field to the indexTag in properties to get it available in Kinsky for my Linn KilmaxDSM. I find this suites me better than automatic "recent" tags done by servers.
I use another tag for Dynamic Range - mostly out of curiosity - but do create some playlists of Dyn Range 15+.
However I have to use Twonky via Kinsky to play these m3u playlists. I would love to see external playlists supported soon. I'd like to stop using Twonky and I like the sound of wav24 which is only done by MinimServer.
The fact that you can create your own tags and have MinimServer index them and display them in the control point is incredibly flexible. I would encourage people to play with this as it will solve a lot of I'd like this or that tag issues.
Using tags is the correct approach rather than moving items from folder to folder.
Peter

PS: Simon - keep up the good work - its a great product already and will get better I'm sure

External playlists are coming soon (hopefully next release, or else the one after that).

I'll add support for automatic playlists (recently added, etc.) after external playlists are supported.

Importing playlists from iTunes is on the "wish list". I'll investigate this after support for automatic playlists is available. I suspect there's a lot of work needed for this.

Support for ReadyNAS is my next work item. I have the equipment ready and waiting. Unless I encounter significant problems doing this, it will be available in the next release.
08-04-2013, 13:29
As many many others, 'Recently added' is very much high on the list. Hopefully It will come soon!!
11-04-2013, 02:57
coming from Squeezebox environment and get used to the New Addition.

One more vote for this long awaiting feature in Minim.
13-04-2013, 11:28
have to add my + too! ;-)

it would be very helpful if folderview could be sorted by latest created folder for instance. Smile
15-11-2014, 21:17 (This post was last modified: 15-11-2014 21:22 by Sloop John B.)
Another vote here for recently added.

SJB

<edit> I just see this is mentioned on another thread today, I came here through a Google search, apologies for the duplication>
17-11-2014, 20:05
(13-04-2013 11:28)alexinc Wrote:  have to add my + too! ;-)

it would be very helpful if folderview could be sorted by latest created folder for instance. Smile

+1 for this. This way we wouldn't have to bother with a certain number of newly added albums.