Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch Desktop icon
30-07-2014, 16:44
RE: MinimWatch Desktop icon
What would the bubble do for you, better control point ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2014, 18:03
(30-07-2014 15:17)magister Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 12:02)simoncn Wrote:  I have added a short paragraph on this page as you suggested. I haven't mentioned internet radio because the support for this is in MinimServer, not MinimStreamer.
Thanks, Simon. I think this will be helpful. Sorry for spreading misinformation; I recall (perhaps wrongly) that MinimStreamer came out about the same time as the internet radio feature was enabled and I thought they were connected.

There is some connection. MinimServer provides the capability for the user to create radio playlists and send radio stream URLs to the renderer for playing. In this mode, the renderer plays the stream directly from the network URL. This works fine for some renderers (like my Linn DS) but it doesn't work with a number of other renderers. This capability was introduced in MinimServer 0.70.

MinimStreamer was available with MinimServer 0.8.1 and adds the capability to act as a "proxy" for the radio URL. In this mode, the renderer plays the stream via MinimStreamer instead of directly from the network URL. This brings into play MinimStreamer's transcoding capability and also enables MinimStreamer to do some other tweaking of the stream to enable compatibility with most renderers.

Explaining all this would be far too complicated for the headline installer paragraph. Smile
30-07-2014, 18:41
(30-07-2014 16:44)rogerdn Wrote:  What would the bubble do for you, better control point ?
Yes, perhaps. I keep looking for the perfect CP (not that there is one, I suppose) but people do say good things about Bubble.
30-07-2014, 18:43
(30-07-2014 18:41)magister Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 16:44)rogerdn Wrote:  What would the bubble do for you, better control point ?
Yes, perhaps. I keep looking for the perfect CP (not that there is one, I suppose) but people do say good things about Bubble.

Naim n-Stream seems close, yes I know....