Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
installed MinimServer - doesn't run
23-07-2014, 19:23
installed MinimServer - doesn't run
Hi-

Installed on Windows 7 32 bit.

Java was installed first.

Minimserver installation seemed to go fine. Desktop icon appears. No other icon appears. Don't see it in running services or processes.

Have tried uninstall and re-install of latest version.

Have enabled it in firewall.

Ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2014, 22:04
RE: installed MinimServer - doesn't run
(23-07-2014 19:23)firedog Wrote:  Hi-

Minimserver installation seemed to go fine. Desktop icon appears. No other icon appears. Don't see it in running services or processes.

Ideas?

MinimServer creates an icon with a minim symbol (music note) in the system tray. You can use the minim icon to monitor and control MinimServer. You might need to look in the system tray overflow area to find the minim icon. See this section for information about how to use the minim icon to interact with MinimServer.
24-07-2014, 02:55
I don't have a system tray icon, even though I've installed it, and the installation seems to go fine.

(23-07-2014 22:04)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 19:23)firedog Wrote:  Hi-

Ideas?

MinimServer creates an icon with a minim symbol (music note) in the system tray. You can use the minim icon to monitor and control MinimServer. You might need to look in the system tray overflow area to find the minim icon. See this section for information about how to use the minim icon to interact with MinimServer.
24-07-2014, 10:21
(24-07-2014 02:55)firedog Wrote:  I don't have a system tray icon, even though I've installed it, and the installation seems to go fine.

Do you have Java installed on the machine?

Did you double-click the desktop icon to start MinimServer (or select the installer option to start MinimServer)? If you have Java installed, this should create the minim icon in the system tray.

Did you look for the minim icon in the overflow area for the system tray? To see the overflow area, click the upward-pointing triangle in the system tray.
24-07-2014, 12:22
Yes, Java is installed and I've tested it at Java.com

Double click desktop icon - nothing happens.

No icon in the overflow area or other area of the taskbar.

I'm not getting any error message with the install, but apparently the install isn't functional. I've completely uninstalled (including deleting the minimserver folder after the uninstall) and re-installed twice.

Thanks

(24-07-2014 10:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 02:55)firedog Wrote:  I don't have a system tray icon, even though I've installed it, and the installation seems to go fine.

Do you have Java installed on the machine?

Did you double-click the desktop icon to start MinimServer (or select the installer option to start MinimServer)? If you have Java installed, this should create the minim icon in the system tray.

Did you look for the minim icon in the overflow area for the system tray? To see the overflow area, click the upward-pointing triangle in the system tray.
24-07-2014, 12:40
(24-07-2014 12:22)firedog Wrote:  Yes, Java is installed and I've tested it at Java.com

I'm not getting any error message with the install, but apparently the install isn't functional. I've completely uninstalled (including deleting the minimserver folder after the uninstall) and re-installed twice.

Thanks

If nothing happens when you double-click the desktop icon, this probably means you have the wrong Windows program association for .jar files. These should be associated with "Java(TM) Platform SE binary". You can check this from Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program.
24-07-2014, 13:38
Thanks for that. the "jar" file type isn't associated with any type of program on my PC. Where do I find the Java Platform SE binary program so I can associate "jar" files with it?

Thanks

(24-07-2014 12:40)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 12:22)firedog Wrote:  Yes, Java is installed and I've tested it at Java.com

Thanks

If nothing happens when you double-click the desktop icon, this probably means you have the wrong Windows program association for .jar files. These should be associated with "Java(TM) Platform SE binary". You can check this from Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program.
24-07-2014, 14:39
Okay, unintstalled and reinstalled minimserver and java again. This time jar files associated correctly and minimserver is working. tHanks