Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network Dropouts
21-03-2015, 18:31 (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 18:32 by Mike48.)
RE: Network Dropouts
Regarding the Aries review, it is here: http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=2237

Regarding clicks. The current signal path in my system is: Auralic Aries > Tact 2.2X > Auralic Vega, through AES-EBU connections. The TacT output is set to 96 kHz (its internal DSP frequency).

There are clicks during playback occasionally after the signal rate into the TacT changes; for example, after switching from a 192kHz track to one at 44.1kHz. They usually can be eliminated by cycling the Auralic Vega through its inputs, or, in persistent cases, by putting the Vega into sleep mode and waking it up again. My impression is, the TacT output clock may become less stable for a while after the input changes, and the Vega has trouble locking to it. I expect there could be other possible causes.

This is a rare problem in my system, which makes it almost impossible to track down. But also, that makes it of little importance. I don't know if the same issue would occur with a direct connection between Aries and Vega.

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2015, 14:13
(21-03-2015 18:31)Mike48 Wrote:  Regarding the Aries review, it is here: http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=2237

Regarding clicks. The current signal path in my system is: Auralic Aries > Tact 2.2X > Auralic Vega, through AES-EBU connections. The TacT output is set to 96 kHz (its internal DSP frequency).

There are clicks during playback occasionally after the signal rate into the TacT changes; for example, after switching from a 192kHz track to one at 44.1kHz. They usually can be eliminated by cycling the Auralic Vega through its inputs, or, in persistent cases, by putting the Vega into sleep mode and waking it up again. My impression is, the TacT output clock may become less stable for a while after the input changes, and the Vega has trouble locking to it. I expect there could be other possible causes.

This is a rare problem in my system, which makes it almost impossible to track down. But also, that makes it of little importance. I don't know if the same issue would occur with a direct connection between Aries and Vega.

I had a similar issue some time ago although not with your same equipment and not with your same interface. IMHO network latency has little to do with this, and the equipment you have is high quality so no real possibility for bad design. Also consider that a NAS is usually far less powerful than a PC so I would not think you can improve the situation with a NAS.
I solved it in a simple way, using optical cabling and ports instead of the coaxial cable between the DAC and the renderer. Somehow copper connection in my setup created a problem.
Try to switch to optcal port and see if the problem disappear.
24-04-2015, 02:26
(23-04-2015 14:13)marco Wrote:  I had a similar issue some time ago although not with your same equipment and not with your same interface. IMHO network latency has little to do with this, and the equipment you have is high quality so no real possibility for bad design. Also consider that a NAS is usually far less powerful than a PC so I would not think you can improve the situation with a NAS.
I solved it in a simple way, using optical cabling and ports instead of the coaxial cable between the DAC and the renderer. Somehow copper connection in my setup created a problem.
Try to switch to optcal port and see if the problem disappear.

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your comment. I have not thought this clicking for a long time, as it has not been an issue. The last time I had it (over a month ago), I just reset the Vega input, and the noise went away. It is nice not to have this as a problem any more.

Mike

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA