Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I wasted my time?
18-07-2014, 18:15 (This post was last modified: 18-07-2014 20:17 by beckphotonik.)
Have I wasted my time?
I have almost completed adding Composition and Group tags to my Classical music library but I now appear to have a problem. I have no way of playing all tracks on an album that contains composition/group tags. This makes listening to Baroque music rather tedious as I can play only one composition at a time, not good for Concerti Grossi etc. where each piece is a composition rather than the overall Opus. I have show extras set to true and am using Chord HD control point and Synology DS212j NAS.
Any suggestions guys?
Similar problem using 8player on my iPad.

Melco N1ZH/2 (updated to EX) MinimServer2, Chord M Scaler, DAVE, SPM1200MKII, Wilson Benesch Vectors
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2014, 20:58
RE: Have I wasted my time?
(18-07-2014 18:15)beckphotonik Wrote:  I have almost completed adding Composition and Group tags to my Classical music library but I now appear to have a problem. I have no way of playing all tracks on an album that contains composition/group tags. This makes listening to Baroque music rather tedious as I can play only one composition at a time, not good for Concerti Grossi etc. where each piece is a composition rather than the overall Opus. I have show extras set to true and am using Chord HD control point and Synology DS212j NAS.
Any suggestions guys?

This appears to be a limitation of the Chord control point. If you use another UPnP control point such as BubbleUPnP (Android) or PlugPlayer (iOS), it should work OK.
18-07-2014, 21:06
Thanks Simon, I will check with Bubble on my android tablet but I don't think it supports gapless tracks on my streamer. I shall also try plug player on the iPad. It may be that I have to choose my control point depending on what I want to listen to. Oh bother!

Melco N1ZH/2 (updated to EX) MinimServer2, Chord M Scaler, DAVE, SPM1200MKII, Wilson Benesch Vectors
18-07-2014, 21:32
(18-07-2014 21:06)beckphotonik Wrote:  Thanks Simon, I will check with Bubble on my android tablet but I don't think it supports gapless tracks on my streamer. I shall also try plug player on the iPad. It may be that I have to choose my control point depending on what I want to listen to. Oh bother!

I have a Chord CodeX here (on loan from Chord) and BubbleUPnP is playing gapless on the Chord.
18-07-2014, 21:52
(18-07-2014 21:32)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 21:06)beckphotonik Wrote:  Thanks Simon, I will check with Bubble on my android tablet but I don't think it supports gapless tracks on my streamer. I shall also try plug player on the iPad. It may be that I have to choose my control point depending on what I want to listen to. Oh bother!

I have a Chord CodeX here (on loan from Chord) and BubbleUPnP is playing gapless on the Chord.

Wow, thanks for that. It should work the same for my DSX1000 then. Many thanks for your help.