Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't install Minimin x64 on an x64 system
18-07-2014, 12:39
Can't install Minimin x64 on an x64 system
Greetings forum members. I am new to the forum and new to Minimserver.

I am using Minimserver to provide music to my Lumin player. My computer, an ASUS Vivo PC, is running Windows 8.1 x64. When I try and install the x64 version on Minimserver, I get an error saying that it can't run on an IA 32 platform. I am not sure I understand why this is happening because I am using an x64 version of Win 8.1.

The x86 version seems to run fine. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks for any input you may have!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2014, 13:05
RE: Can't install Minimin x64 on an x64 system
(18-07-2014 12:39)BlueSky Wrote:  Greetings forum members. I am new to the forum and new to Minimserver.

I am using Minimserver to provide music to my Lumin player. My computer, an ASUS Vivo PC, is running Windows 8.1 x64. When I try and install the x64 version on Minimserver, I get an error saying that it can't run on an IA 32 platform. I am not sure I understand why this is happening because I am using an x64 version of Win 8.1.

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

This means you have 32-bit Java installed on your computer. In this case, the correct solution is to uninstall MinimServer x64 and install MinimServer x86.
18-07-2014, 13:12
(18-07-2014 13:05)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 12:39)BlueSky Wrote:  Greetings forum members. I am new to the forum and new to Minimserver.

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

This means you have 32-bit Java installed on your computer. In this case, the correct solution is to uninstall MinimServer x64 and install MinimServer x86.

Simon, thank you for the very quick response. I will try installing the x64 bit version of Java and see what's what. Also, as this appears to be "freeware", I intend to donate to the cause.
18-07-2014, 13:23
(18-07-2014 13:12)BlueSky Wrote:  Simon, thank you for the very quick response. I will try installing the x64 bit version of Java and see what's what.

You are likely to find that doing this causes problems, especially if you are using a 32-bit browser. See other recent forum posts for a description of the problems this can cause.

Quote:Also, as this appears to be "freeware", I intend to donate to the cause.

Thanks very much!
18-07-2014, 13:25
(18-07-2014 13:23)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 13:12)BlueSky Wrote:  Simon, thank you for the very quick response. I will try installing the x64 bit version of Java and see what's what.

You are likely to find that doing this causes problems, especially if you are using a 32-bit browser. See other recent forum posts for a description of the problems this can cause.

Quote:Also, as this appears to be "freeware", I intend to donate to the cause.

Thanks very much!

Roger that. I will keep the installation as is. Thanks again!