Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
red icon message
16-07-2014, 01:03
red icon message
simon..i uploaded a led zep disc to itunes this evening and restarted the icon and it then went 'red'...there is a box message when i hover over it that says..minimserver{david-smiths-imac.local}:content directory is not valid:/volumes/lacie/lacie music.......lacie is my external HD and 'lacie music' is the name of my high def folder where i have all my HD / DSD albums...i can't get it to change back to yellow..help..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 09:23
RE: red icon message
(16-07-2014 01:03)calloway Wrote:  simon..i uploaded a led zep disc to itunes this evening and restarted the icon and it then went 'red'...there is a box message when i hover over it that says..minimserver{david-smiths-imac.local}:content directory is not valid:/volumes/lacie/lacie music.......lacie is my external HD and 'lacie music' is the name of my high def folder where i have all my HD / DSD albums...i can't get it to change back to yellow..help..

If you select "Go to Folder" in Finder and type /volumes/lacie/lacie music as the folder name, do you see your music files? If so, clicking Restart from the minim icon should produce a yellow icon.
16-07-2014, 12:18
(16-07-2014 09:23)simoncn Wrote:  ...simon...when i typed that and clicked it said the 'folder could not be found'..the icon did not turn yellow..
(16-07-2014 01:03)calloway Wrote:  simon..i uploaded a led zep disc to itunes this evening and restarted the icon and it then went 'red'...there is a box message when i hover over it that says..minimserver{david-smiths-imac.local}:content directory is not valid:/volumes/lacie/lacie music.......lacie is my external HD and 'lacie music' is the name of my high def folder where i have all my HD / DSD albums...i can't get it to change back to yellow..help..

If you select "Go to Folder" in Finder and type /volumes/lacie/lacie music as the folder name, do you see your music files? If so, clicking Restart from the minim icon should produce a yellow icon.
16-07-2014, 12:19
simon...when i did that i got a message that said the 'folder could not be found'..when i tried to 'restart' it did not turn yellow...
16-07-2014, 12:34
simon..i have 2 directories...1:..users /dsmith/music.....and a 2nd:../volumes/lacie/lacie music
16-07-2014, 13:03
(16-07-2014 12:19)calloway Wrote:  simon...when i did that i got a message that said the 'folder could not be found'..when i tried to 'restart' it did not turn yellow...

If you are getting this message from Finder (not MinimServer), this means your external drive isn't connected for some reason. Try powering the Lacie and the Mac off and on to see if this fixes the problem.