Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch Download
16-07-2014, 21:40
RE: MinimWatch Download
(16-07-2014 19:34)DavidHB Wrote:  It's a good question, to which I haven't so far been able to find a clear answer. I do know that I only have 64 bit Java installed, and that when I accessed IE (which is not my default browser) it offered to enable the plugin. I don't have IE 64 bit enabled currently (I think you have to enable it explicitly in Win 7 and 8).

Is there a test site you could suggest? As I said in my earlier post, I'm not seeing much use of Java applets in the sites I most frequently use.

David

You can try clicking this link.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 21:56
(16-07-2014 21:22)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 20:41)rogerdn Wrote:  Well I apparently don't understand how MinimWatch is suppose to work, yes I now see the icon in the tray but that is MinimServer it says, which is running on my NAS. I was trying to open MinimWatch using the folder it installed on my desktop, clicking on it nothing opens.

Doesn't MinimWatch open to a set up screen for MinimServer, where is my misunderstanding here ?

The minim icon created by MinimWatch is a "remote control" for MinimServer. You can display the icon's menu selections by right-clicking on the icon. These selections are described on this page.

Ok I'll review these, looks like everything it running ok now, thanks to everyone on the help, good forum guys.
17-07-2014, 14:04
(16-07-2014 21:40)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 19:34)DavidHB Wrote:  It's a good question, to which I haven't so far been able to find a clear answer. I do know that I only have 64 bit Java installed, and that when I accessed IE (which is not my default browser) it offered to enable the plugin. I don't have IE 64 bit enabled currently (I think you have to enable it explicitly in Win 7 and 8).

Is there a test site you could suggest? As I said in my earlier post, I'm not seeing much use of Java applets in the sites I most frequently use.

David

You can try clicking this link.

Thanks for that. You will not be altogether surprised to learn that a 64 bit Java installation is not recognised by IE 32. So, presumably, 64 bit IE has to be specifically enabled and used with 64 bit Java. This validates your advice to rogerdn.

I still prefer to use 64 bit Java, for myself. In security terms, I am more comfortable keeping a program runtime out of my browser, and I haven't recently found myself wanting to use a web-based Java applet. Others' priorities will be different.

David