Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch install problem with windows 8
14-07-2014, 17:26 (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 17:54 by Billzab.)
Minimwatch install problem with windows 8
Hi,

Turned on my laptop to run Minimwatch so that I could do a rescan to update the server re my my newly added music. When I went to run Minimwatch, Windows suggested I needed to goto the app store to find a file to run a .Jar program. It would appear that Java is no longer installed on my laptop. I reinstalled the 64 bit version of java, but minimwatch still wont run. I also installed the 32 bit version of java and still no joy. I have uninstalled minimwatch and tried to install both x86 and x64 version but neither will work. I have tried all combinations of Java and Minimwatch and they all fail to run. I have windows 8.1 with all the latest updates. Chrome tells me I have the latest Java plugin. What can I do to get Minimwatch running?

TIA, Bill.

Update since OP. I have installed Minimserver (x64) on my laptop and this is working, so I assume that JAVA is OK. The report I get with Minimwatch x64 is:Runtime platform confilct: windows-x86/windows x64. I am deducing from this that it is not the 64bit version I am downloading and that there is an error with the download. Maybe I am wrong but I hope this helps to solve the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2014, 21:16
RE: Minimwatch install problem with windows 8
(14-07-2014 17:26)Billzab Wrote:  Hi,

Turned on my laptop to run Minimwatch so that I could do a rescan to update the server re my my newly added music. When I went to run Minimwatch, Windows suggested I needed to goto the app store to find a file to run a .Jar program. It would appear that Java is no longer installed on my laptop. I reinstalled the 64 bit version of java, but minimwatch still wont run. I also installed the 32 bit version of java and still no joy. I have uninstalled minimwatch and tried to install both x86 and x64 version but neither will work. I have tried all combinations of Java and Minimwatch and they all fail to run. I have windows 8.1 with all the latest updates. Chrome tells me I have the latest Java plugin. What can I do to get Minimwatch running?

TIA, Bill.

Update since OP. I have installed Minimserver (x64) on my laptop and this is working, so I assume that JAVA is OK. The report I get with Minimwatch x64 is:Runtime platform confilct: windows-x86/windows x64. I am deducing from this that it is not the 64bit version I am downloading and that there is an error with the download. Maybe I am wrong but I hope this helps to solve the problem.

There isn't an error with the download.

Tne message about "Runtime platform conflict" means you have installed a mixture of windows-x64 and windows-x86 modules. You need to remove all the windows-x86 modules so that you are using only windows-x64 modules.

Please follow these steps to resolve the problem:

1) From Control Panel > Programs and Features, uninstall MinimWatch x86 if it is installed

2) From Control Panel > Programs and Features, uninstall MinimWatch x64 if it is installed

3) Check the following folders to see if they contain any files:
C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib
C:\Program Files (x86)\MinimWatch\lib
C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\libext
(Note: the AppData folder is hidden in Windows Explorer, so you need to type the above path into the Explorer address bar)

4) If any of these these folders contain any files, delete the folder and its contents

5) Reinstall MinimWatch x64 and start it
15-07-2014, 17:53
(14-07-2014 21:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 17:26)Billzab Wrote:  Hi,

TIA, Bill.

There isn't an error with the download.

Tne message about "Runtime platform conflict" means you have installed a mixture of windows-x64 and windows-x86 modules. You need to remove all the windows-x86 modules so that you are using only windows-x64 modules.

Please follow these steps to resolve the problem:

1) From Control Panel > Programs and Features, uninstall MinimWatch x86 if it is installed

2) From Control Panel > Programs and Features, uninstall MinimWatch x64 if it is installed

3) Check the following folders to see if they contain any files:
C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib
C:\Program Files (x86)\MinimWatch\lib
C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\libext
(Note: the AppData folder is hidden in Windows Explorer, so you need to type the above path into the Explorer address bar)

4) If any of these these folders contain any files, delete the folder and its contents

5) Reinstall MinimWatch x64 and start it

That solved it Simon. I had already done the uninstall from control panel. It would appear that it is the files left behind in the 'appdata\roaming' folder that caused the problem. Many thanks.

Bill.
15-07-2014, 22:42
(15-07-2014 17:53)Billzab Wrote:  That solved it Simon. I had already done the uninstall from control panel. It would appear that it is the files left behind in the 'appdata\roaming' folder that caused the problem. Many thanks.

Bill.

Thanks for letting me know. I will make a change in a future release to ignore any conflicting modules that are left in the AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\libext folder after MinimWatch has been uninstalled.