Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Icon's gone grey
01-07-2014, 15:00
My Icon's gone grey
Can anyone tell me what it means when you icon for MinimWatch goes grey?

MinimServer is working perfectly. If I select recan from http://192.168.1.68:9790/index.html it does a perfect rescan. But if I right-click the grey icon I can't basically do anything with it. Strange.

NB where 192.168.1.68 is where it resides on my NAS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 16:20
RE: My Icon's gone grey
(01-07-2014 15:00)mccormw Wrote:  Can anyone tell me what it means when you icon for MinimWatch goes grey?

MinimServer is working perfectly. If I select recan from http://192.168.1.68:9790/index.html it does a perfect rescan. But if I right-click the grey icon I can't basically do anything with it. Strange.

The grey icon means MinimWatch can't see MinimServer on your local network.

This is usually because MinimWatch is being blocked by the firewall settings. You can confirm this by completely disabling the firewall to see if this makes a difference.

If this doesn't solve the problem, MinimWatch might be listening on the wrong network adapter. Do you have more than one active network adapter (real or virtual) on the machine?
01-07-2014, 17:11
(01-07-2014 16:20)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-07-2014 15:00)mccormw Wrote:  Can anyone tell me what it means when you icon for MinimWatch goes grey?

The grey icon means MinimWatch can't see MinimServer on your local network.

This is usually because MinimWatch is being blocked by the firewall settings. You can confirm this by completely disabling the firewall to see if this makes a difference.

If this doesn't solve the problem, MinimWatch might be listening on the wrong network adapter. Do you have more than one active network adapter (real or virtual) on the machine?
Was working OK through my firewall and I haven't got any messages, but I will just go and turn it off and see. You never know one of the auto updates could have reset things.

Ah! turn Firewall off and it works. Why does it not give me a message - blast.

Thanks Simon. I will report back.
01-07-2014, 17:30
That was very weird. I use McAfee, which gives you an option to have a trusted Home network and I know for a fact that it was there because I had viewed things like my NAS and streamer etc. But when I looked at it just now it was gone! No trusted network - even though I can access my NAS etc.
So I told it that I trusted the Home network and low and behold MinimWatch now works!

Thank You Simon.