Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best controller for iPad?
20-06-2014, 17:45
RE: Best controller for iPad?
(20-06-2014 15:04)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-06-2014 13:25)adrian Wrote:  Is the sorting supposed to be determined by the server or the client?

There is nothing in the UPnP AV specification about this. Most control points trust the server to do a good job and leave the server's sort order unchanged. Some control points don't trust the server and insist on imposing their own sort order. There are a few control points that provide both options.

What does MinimServer do for sort order?

I would have expected the "auto" sort order to use the server choice. The 8player program made out like it could only perform sorts that were supplied by the server---it couldn't do any sorting of its own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2014, 18:25
(20-06-2014 17:45)adrian Wrote:  What does MinimServer do for sort order?

I would have expected the "auto" sort order to use the server choice. The 8player program made out like it could only perform sorts that were supplied by the server---it couldn't do any sorting of its own.

When showing the tracks within an album, MinimServer returns these in track number order.

You can try this by going to "n albums", selecting one of the albums and opening that album to show its tracks.
21-06-2014, 14:45 (This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 15:06 by haggis999.)
(20-06-2014 14:49)Andre Gosselin Wrote:  In my opinion, Lumin app is much better than Kinsky app, and does not show as many quirks. It does have some however, like volume control and pause/seek not working on the Moon Mind renderer. But those limitations seem due to the Mind renderer itself where those functionalities do not appear to be properly implemented ar the UPnP level. For ex., those also show up when using BubbleUPnP android app to control the Moon Mind.

It should be kept in mind that BubbleUPnP server cannot compensate for renderer deficiencies at the hardware level. Gapless playback is such a case.

With the assistance of BubbleUPnP Server, I can now run the Lumin app on my iPad (uing JRiver MC as the target renderer). Unlike Kinsky, Lumin is able to control the volume, though in a slightly quirky fashion. The music browsing and selection interface is acceptable but not as intuitive as BubbleUPnP.

Another useful facility provided by BubbleUPnP Server is that it enables BubbleUPnP on my smartphone to access the music files stored on my NAS via the Internet, i.e. without access to my local Wi-Fi network. I'm not of the iPod generation, so I'm not sure how much use I might make of this, but it's nice to have the option.

David