Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cover.jpg or embedded?
21-06-2014, 10:42
cover.jpg or embedded?
Hi all,
What I don't like about most (all?) CP apps is that they cache covers very poorly, making browsing through lists lagging and inconvenient. My covers are embedded into flac files, I wonder if extracting them to cover.jpg files would help. Have any of you tried and made some comparisons?

ATB, Adam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2014, 16:01
RE: cover.jpg or embedded?
(21-06-2014 10:42)AdamWysokinski Wrote:  Hi all,
What I don't like about most (all?) CP apps is that they cache covers very poorly, making browsing through lists lagging and inconvenient. My covers are embedded into flac files, I wonder if extracting them to cover.jpg files would help. Have any of you tried and made some comparisons?

ATB, Adam

If you're using MinimServer as the server, it won't make any difference.
21-06-2014, 17:42
Thank you.
21-06-2014, 18:24
(21-06-2014 10:42)AdamWysokinski Wrote:  Hi all,

ATB, Adam

Which control point are you using? In BubbleUPnP, you can specify whether you want to cache album art or not. When you use album art caching, browsing through lists works quite fast.
21-06-2014, 19:05
There is no Bubble for iOS/Mac. Fortunately, I've just found Chorus, which is very fast.