Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MusiCHI tagger - experiences
06-09-2015, 18:22
RE: MusiCHI tagger - experiences
I am a frequent user of musichi.

Overall I'm very happy with it.

However, I find that updating tags/retagging takes a long time.

I have all my music on a synology NAS.

I wish Musichi would allow you to put your own database and library on the server.

Do others find the retagging to be very slow? If so, are there any workarounds?

(04-01-2015 09:07)LarryJC Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 14:42)Alpina_Lux Wrote:  If there is real interest about how I organised my collection with the various tags, and how I use it now on a daily basis, I can try to find some time and do another write-up of this.

Hi Alpina_Lux and other members of this community!

Would love to hear your experience after reading your initial post in another forum!

I also got Musichi few months ago and ripped/tagged most of my 200+ Classical CDs. Very happy with the results and agree with Alpina_Lux comments in general. I only have a few concerns / questions, hope you guys can help:

- As mentioned, the tagger function is superb and really helpful. However, my concern is that some of those tags (actually the most important ones, such as composition) seem to be readable only by the Musichi Player.
- As Musichi only run in Windows and I use Macs at home, I am evaluating getting another player for Classical FLACs in OSX, so far I'm with Audirvana+ 2.0. The library feature of that program also has fields for classical such as Period, Composer, Conductor, Instruments, etc., which looks really convenient.
- However, FLACs tagged with Musichi are not showing up some of the fields in Audirvana+ (even tried to modify some personalised tags in Musichi without any luck)

QUESTION: Does anyone knows how to re-map the personalised tags in Musichi so it can be read in Audirvana+ or any other OSX player with classical/FLACs facilities?

Thanks heaps!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MusiCHI tagger - experiences - steveoat87 - 06-09-2015 18:22