Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing a tag display name
28-05-2014, 18:10
Changing a tag display name
I have been using the "Comment" tag field to indicate new music added, so for example for all new music I import this month I will set the "Comment" value as "May 2014." This allows me to then see more recently added music, similar to the "New Music" sort that Logitech Media Server has. I use the Comment field because it's readily available on most OS ripping apps like XLD and Phile Audio. I'm using Kinsky as my control app on an ipad and this system works well. The only problems are 1) music with no value in the field shows as ”Unknown" and I'd like to not show this and 2) I'd like to be able to change the Comment tag to display as "Added". Anyone have any thoughts? Or is there some easier way to do this I've missed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2014, 18:44 (This post was last modified: 28-05-2014 18:45 by bbrip.)
RE: Changing a tag display name
(28-05-2014 18:10)antonmb Wrote:  The only problems are 1) music with no value in the field shows as ”Unknown" and I'd like to not show this and 2) I'd like to be able to change the Comment tag to display as "Added". Anyone have any thoughts? Or is there some easier way to do this I've missed?

1.) I guess thats the default value for any tag that shows no value. I had a discussion with Simon earlier on that as I also would like to have tags that are not filled just being ignored. Maybe thats something that could be added as an option in a later version.

2.) Thats an easy one, you just redefine the name by putting in property indexTags (or itemTags if you don't want that tag indexed):

Comment:Added

Hope this helps
bbrip
28-05-2014, 19:20
RE: Changing a tag display name
(28-05-2014 18:44)bbrip Wrote:  
(28-05-2014 18:10)antonmb Wrote:  The only problems are 1) music with no value in the field shows as ”Unknown" and I'd like to not show this and 2) I'd like to be able to change the Comment tag to display as "Added". Anyone have any thoughts? Or is there some easier way to do this I've missed?

1.) I guess thats the default value for any tag that shows no value. I had a discussion with Simon earlier on that as I also would like to have tags that are not filled just being ignored. Maybe thats something that could be added as an option in a later version.

2.) Thats an easy one, you just redefine the name by putting in property indexTags (or itemTags if you don't want that tag indexed):

Comment:Added

Hope this helps
bbrip
Thanks, that helps. I'm relatively new to Minimserver but have been using Logitech for several years now and got used to the simplicity. I'm beginning to understand the strength of minim is how customizable it is, but it takes some figuring out. Too bad it can't be used with Squeezebox control points like Squeezepad or Ipeng.