Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A full function linux control point?
07-10-2014, 19:52
RE: A full function linux control point?
(07-10-2014 19:32)simoncn Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 18:41)medoc92 Wrote:  Currently, upplay checks that it visits a container (identified by objid) at most once, to make sure that it's not walking a loop, but it does not try to de-dup the tracks.

I guess that it would be quite possible to eliminate the dups by objid or url at the end of the walk. Simoncn, any thought about this ? I saw the suggestion to use search, and why not, but this is really dependant on the type of Media Server (some don't support search at all or are horribly slow to the point of triggering timeouts).

jf

MinimServer is very quick to respond to UPnP Search requests. This should be quicker than recursive browsing. Could this be enabled by a user option?

MinimServer uses different object IDs and container IDs when the same object or container is accessed using different browsing paths, so it isn't possible to use these to detect duplicates. The resource URI is always the same whatever path is used, so you could use this to detect and remove duplicate tracks.

Yes, I can add an option to use search instead of a recursive walk, I am putting this on the todo.

This is actually the more complicated approach, because it needs to depend on the server type, I'm not even sure the current lib fully supports search, and there is not even an options panel at the moment ...

De-duplication by uri hash should hopefully be the quick and dirty solution.

But you got me a bit worried. Are the Minim Server trees always walkable ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A full function linux control point? - medoc92 - 07-10-2014 19:52