Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice or isn"t it.
26-05-2014, 16:33
RE: Nice or isn"t it.
Hi Simon and everyone curieus.

I have decided to delete all the files concerning Minin and giving it a new and fresh Instal. I Will do this tommorrow. I understand things better now and maybe I will succeed . I wil let you know.

Thx Sofar to all helping minds and hands.

Fred From Holland.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 17:22
Just for testing purposes it might be interesting to switch N-Stream to "UPnP compatibility mode" somewhere in its settings. This does have some disadvantages like loosing the support for playlists. But if it helps, it might give some additional information for debugging the situation.

In my case N-Stream does work fine with minimserver in normal mode.

(Maybe you find a solution here...)
http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/n-stre...ility-mode

Also it might be a solution to remove and freshly install the N-Stream app again. But warning: If you have saved playlists in the N-Stream app, they will be deleted!
27-05-2014, 09:29 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 09:33 by Fred40.)
I decided to start all over again. First installing Java. But I guess theres were things go wrong. I noticed the downloaded Java file isn"t a tar.gz. but a gz.file. Although the downloaded file originally is a tar.gz file. It shows up in the DSM dialog box as a gz. file. Anyway went further and everything seems to be ok? or is it not?( see screenshots)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

27-05-2014, 10:10
(27-05-2014 09:29)Fred40 Wrote:  I decided to start all over again. First installing Java. But I guess theres were things go wrong. I noticed the downloaded Java file isn"t a tar.gz. but a gz.file. Although the downloaded file originally is a tar.gz file. It shows up in the DSM dialog box as a gz. file. Anyway went further and everything seems to be ok? or is it not?( see screenshots)

You would need to try installing MinimServer to see whether it is working with your new Java 8 installation.
27-05-2014, 10:35 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 10:35 by Fred40.)
(27-05-2014 10:10)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 09:29)Fred40 Wrote:  I decided to start all over again. First installing Java. But I guess theres were things go wrong. I noticed the downloaded Java file isn"t a tar.gz. but a gz.file. Although the downloaded file originally is a tar.gz file. It shows up in the DSM dialog box as a gz. file. Anyway went further and everything seems to be ok? or is it not?( see screenshots)

You would need to try installing MinimServer to see whether it is working with your new Java 8 installation.

This is driving me insane. No...Everything seems to be installed properly on the NAS. No logbook errors. Exept it does not show up on my Nstream. I can press UPNP but nothings happens. GRRRRR..

27-05-2014, 10:42
Tarnkappe ( nice nickname)

I reinstalled the N-stream app, tried the simple mode, restarted my I pad. retarted my Nass....No...Nothing.
27-05-2014, 11:30
(27-05-2014 10:35)Fred40 Wrote:  This is driving me insane. No...Everything seems to be installed properly on the NAS. No logbook errors. Exept it does not show up on my Nstream. I can press UPNP but nothings happens. GRRRRR..

From this screenshot, it looks like you are viewing the UPnP input to the NDX, not the list of UPnP servers on your network. The is probably another menu in n-Stream that shows a list of available UPnP servers on your network.
27-05-2014, 12:15 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 12:22 by Fred40.)
Simon,

Something odd did occur. I stopped the synology media server on the Nass. And yes a miracle. Minimserver is working. So the instal was a succes afterall. Only thing I can"t choose between both servers. Only the server on my NAS which is running wil work. Ohh well. Didn"t instal miniwatch because I have to open a Jar.at some point.

27-05-2014, 18:36
(27-05-2014 12:15)Fred40 Wrote:  Simon,

Something odd did occur. I stopped the synology media server on the Nass. And yes a miracle. Minimserver is working. So the instal was a succes afterall. Only thing I can"t choose between both servers. Only the server on my NAS which is running wil work. Ohh well. Didn"t instal miniwatch because I have to open a Jar.at some point.

I'm glad to hear you have MinimServer running on the NAS.

You shouldn't need to open a jar to install MinimWatch. The Windows installer for MinimWatch is a .exe file and the Mac install package for MinimWatch is a .dmg file. Did you try to install MinimWatch on Windows or on a Mac?
28-05-2014, 09:24 (This post was last modified: 28-05-2014 09:52 by Fred40.)
Hi Simon,

Included some screenshots to illustrate my problem.