Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see MinimServer
22-05-2014, 20:38
Can't see MinimServer
Hi all,

I am a new user of MinimServer on a Synology NAS 210j.
I installed it today and it seems to run perfectly. However It doesn't not appear on my network.
I am using plugplayer as software and it can access the diskstation (multimedia server from Synology) without problem.

I also click on 'rescan library' in the minimserver status interface. For the moment it says "restarting". No idea how long this will last and if this could be the source of my problem.

Regards
Baocrazy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 21:56
RE: Can't see MinimServer
(22-05-2014 20:38)baocrazy Wrote:  Hi all,

I am a new user of MinimServer on a Synology NAS 210j.
I installed it today and it seems to run perfectly. However It doesn't not appear on my network.
I am using plugplayer as software and it can access the diskstation (multimedia server from Synology) without problem.

I also click on 'rescan library' in the minimserver status interface. For the moment it says "restarting". No idea how long this will last and if this could be the source of my problem.

Regards
Baocrazy.

MinimServer won't appear as a media server on the network until the initial scan is complete. By selecting 'Rescan library', you have restarted the scan and this means MinimServer will need to repeat the full initial scan before it appears as a media server.

You can check the current status of MinimServer by clicking the 'Refresh status' button on the status page (if you have the latest MinimServer update installed) or by refreshing the status page in your browser (if you are on an older update level). If the status is 'Restarting', you need to wait for this to change to 'Running' before MinimServer will appear as a media server.
23-05-2014, 12:29 (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 12:30 by baocrazy.)
RE: Can't see MinimServer
You are correct. It appeared after scanning was over.

thanks.