Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver Auto Restart package
20-05-2014, 16:23 (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 16:49 by Meffy.)
Minimserver Auto Restart package
Hello Simon and everyone. I encounter a little problem on Synology NAS DS412+.When i go to the control panel>Informationcenter>services and try to enable the "Minimserver Auto Restart Package" and after trying to aply the changes then i get a message "Unable to run this package service".
Am i missing something?
BTW i run DSM 5.0-4482 with the latest updates.

Thanks

Meffy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2014, 18:54
RE: Minimserver Auto Restart package
(20-05-2014 16:23)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon and everyone. I encounter a little problem on Synology NAS DS412+.When i go to the control panel>Informationcenter>services and try to enable the "Minimserver Auto Restart Package" and after trying to aply the changes then i get a message "Unable to run this package service".
Am i missing something?

Thanks

Meffy

Hi, what happens when you run the Auto Restart Package from the Package Center?
Please note that after upgrading the DSM firmware you may have to reinstall the Auto Restart Package.
20-05-2014, 19:22
(20-05-2014 18:54)winxi Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 16:23)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon and everyone. I encounter a little problem on Synology NAS DS412+.When i go to the control panel>Informationcenter>services and try to enable the "Minimserver Auto Restart Package" and after trying to aply the changes then i get a message "Unable to run this package service".
Am i missing something?

Thanks

Meffy

Hi, what happens when you run the Auto Restart Package from the Package Center?
Please note that after upgrading the DSM firmware you may have to reinstall the Auto Restart Package.

Hello winxi, i mean, minimserver works nothing wrong with that, is just that i was exploring through a several settings on synology settings when i run into this "Auto Restart Package" option that i could tick on services like many other services i have ticked and aplied and worked, but when i tick minimserver option it does not aply. BTW where do i find the auto restart package coz i dont see it in the package center.If you mean the minimserver package that is included in package center is already installed.

Thanks!
Meffy
20-05-2014, 19:42
(20-05-2014 19:22)Meffy Wrote:  Hello winxi, i mean, minimserver works nothing wrong with that, is just that i was exploring through a several settings on synology settings when i run into this "Auto Restart Package" option that i could tick on services like many other services i have ticked and aplied and worked,

In case you mean an entry called 'MinimServer Auto Restart' under 'Control Panel -> Info Center -> Service -> Packages': This entry has been created when the 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package has been installed on your Synology DS. The symptoms you've described above indicate that this package cannot be started. This may be related to a recent upgrade of the Synology DSM. In this case you have to reinstall the 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package.

Quote:but when i tick minimserver option it does not aply.

I'm not sure what you mean with 'minimserver option'.

Quote:BTW where do i find the auto restart package coz i dont see it in the package center.If you mean the minimserver package that is included in package center is already installed.

The 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package should show up under the 'All' tab in the package center, not to be confused with the 'MinimServer' package itself.
20-05-2014, 21:40 (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 21:49 by Meffy.)
Quote:The 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package should show up under the 'All' tab in the package center, not to be confused with the 'MinimServer' package itself.

Hi again, had a look under the ALL tab for 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package but can not see such package.Huh I only see 'MinimServer' package which is already installed. Very weird.

Meffy

EDIT: Sorry i found out i installed it already BUT... this service has stoped.Trying to choose "Run" but i get a message "The inotifywait binsary is not available.Please reinstall the Minimserver Auto Restart Package"

Do i have to uninstall and reinstall the package?

Thank you.

Meffy
20-05-2014, 22:06
(20-05-2014 21:40)Meffy Wrote:  Hi again, had a look under the ALL tab for 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package but can not see such package.Huh I only see 'MinimServer' package which is already installed. Very weird.

Meffy

EDIT: Sorry i found out i installed it already BUT... this service has stoped.Trying to choose "Run" but i get a message "The inotifywait binsary is not available.Please reinstall the Minimserver Auto Restart Package"

Thank you.

Meffy

The 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package will be found under the 'Installed' but not under the 'All' tab, sorry for the confusion.
If you want to use this package, you will have to reinstall it. If you don't want to use it, you can safely uninstall it.
20-05-2014, 22:17
(20-05-2014 22:06)winxi Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 21:40)Meffy Wrote:  Hi again, had a look under the ALL tab for 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package but can not see such package.Huh I only see 'MinimServer' package which is already installed. Very weird.

Meffy

Thank you.

Meffy

The 'MinimServer Auto Restart' package will be found under the 'Installed' but not under the 'All' tab, sorry for the confusion.
If you want to use this package, you will have to reinstall it. If you don't want to use it, you can safely uninstall it.

Thank you winxi, i had to uninstall it and reinstall it. Now worksSmile

Thanks