Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem connecting to Minimserver
19-05-2014, 18:48
Problem connecting to Minimserver
Hi
my router did not work anymore. I had to buy a new one. The new is a Zyxel P-870HN(-I). I'm using Minimserver version 0.8.1 update 20.

To get my old router connected stable with minimserver I had to choose the multicast IGMP V2. But my new router has only the option to "Enable Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF)" with a checkbox. There is the note "Only IGMP v2 report message is supported for wireless multicast forwarding function". But the connection with Minim-Watch is not stable. It takes long to connect (ca. 5 minutes) and sometime the connection fails. Same with Lumin-App I use to control my musicsystem (with Lumin player)

Do you have any ideas?

Thany you very much in advance for your help.

Best Regards, Reto
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2014, 19:21
RE: Problem connecting to Minimserver
(19-05-2014 18:48)Rucki Wrote:  Hi
my router did not work anymore. I had to buy a new one. The new is a Zyxel P-870HN(-I). I'm using Minimserver version 0.8.1 update 20.

To get my old router connected stable with minimserver I had to choose the multicast IGMP V2. But my new router has only the option to "Enable Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF)" with a checkbox. There is the note "Only IGMP v2 report message is supported for wireless multicast forwarding function". But the connection with Minim-Watch is not stable. It takes long to connect (ca. 5 minutes) and sometime the connection fails. Same with Lumin-App I use to control my musicsystem (with Lumin player)

Do you have any ideas?

Thany you very much in advance for your help.

Best Regards, Reto

Have you tried disabling WMF? If you're having problems with this enabled, it's worth seeing what happens when it's disabled.

I found a user guide for the -53b model of the P-870HN that mentioned IGMP snooping. I couldn't find any reference to the (-I) model. Does your (-I) model support IGMP snooping?

IGMP v2 works well with MinimServer.
20-05-2014, 06:29
RE: Problem connecting to Minimserver
Hi Simon
I did disable the "IGMP Snooping". I think this works. At least at the moment. I have to check how it will be the next days...

Thank you very much for your super fast help. Your Great!

Best Regards, Reto