Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't configure Minimserver
21-09-2012, 08:58
RE: Can't configure Minimserver
(20-09-2012 21:38)rankinnz Wrote:  Yep, if you let me know what to do. In terms of me using the server, is this a general problem or more specific to a folder I have?

From the error message, my guess is that you have two folders with almost the same name, but one of these names contains extra leading or trailing spaces. If this is correct and if you can identify the folders in question, you can work around the problem by renaming one of the folders so that it has a unique name after leading and trailing spaces are removed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2012, 18:37
(21-09-2012 08:58)simoncn Wrote:  From the error message, my guess is that you have two folders with almost the same name, but one of these names contains extra leading or trailing spaces. If this is correct and if you can identify the folders in question, you can work around the problem by renaming one of the folders so that it has a unique name after leading and trailing spaces are removed.

On further investigation, there's a much more likely scenario that could cause this problem. If two folder names differ only in accents on characters (for example, 'Tomás Luis de Victoria' and 'Tomas Luis de Victoria'), this would cause the error. Does this apply to your folder names?
22-09-2012, 21:30
(21-09-2012 18:37)simoncn Wrote:  On further investigation, there's a much more likely scenario that could cause this problem. If two folder names differ only in accents on characters (for example, 'Tomás Luis de Victoria' and 'Tomas Luis de Victoria'), this would cause the error. Does this apply to your folder names?

It seems this error could also occur if two folder names differ only in case. I'll fix all these problems in the next release.
22-09-2012, 23:33
I had two identical folders in different directories - I had copied a folder onto qmultimedia when i was initially trying to get the server working. So that maybe the issue; I've deleted it, so we'll see how it goes.
23-09-2012, 09:10
(22-09-2012 23:33)rankinnz Wrote:  I had two identical folders in different directories - I had copied a folder onto qmultimedia when i was initially trying to get the server working. So that maybe the issue; I've deleted it, so we'll see how it goes.

I woldn't expect the problem to occur with identically named folders in different directories. I've added a fix to the next release.

Did you find out why MinimWatch was working on your Mac but not your Windows PC?
13-10-2012, 16:50 (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 16:52 by Oroperplex.)
(15-09-2012 09:09)simoncn Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 02:25)rankinnz Wrote:  Hi

Just tried installing Minimserver on a QNAP 409 to replace Twonky. I think I have installed the package correctly (ARM), by following the instructions and enabling the package. No error in system logs.

What do you see in the system log? You should see something like the following:

2012-07-27 22:40:56 admin 192.168.0.14 --- [QPKG Center] MinimServer enabled.
2012-07-27 22:40:32 System 127.0.0.1 localhost MinimServer 0.52 has been installed in /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer.

Quote:I presume there are no issues with running Twonky and Minimserver on the same box?

There have been reports of problems like this from people running Twonky 5.x. It's fine if you're on recent version such as 6.0.38 or 6.0.39. If you're running Twonky 5.x, you could try disabling Twonky to see if this makes a difference.

Quote:My music is on a different directory structure on the public directory of the nas i.e. not multimedia. I don't want to move it, I would prefer to configure to read from the current file structure.

This might be related to the problem. Do you have a /share/Multimedia or /share/Qmultimedia folder? The MinimServer QPKG assumes that one of these will exist. It's fine if the folder exists and is empty.

If you have removed this folder, MinimServer should still start and appear in MinimWatch (with a red icon for the error), but it won't show up in control points.

Quote:Two problems:
1. Control points (plugplayer, kinsky, nstream) don't show Minimserver as a upnp server?
2. I've installed Minimwatch on mac and windows; both display as greyed icons. I can't therefore access the server to configure.

I thought I was getting close....any ideas / help please?

Please look at the contents of the minimserver.log file in the MinimServer installation directory (see the system log message for the location of this directory). Does this file exist, and does it contain any error messages?

i had installed last version of MINIM Server on my QNAP NAS and it works. I can see it in my Musictreamer and on plugplayer app. But when i open Minim Server entry it shows only "folder views" which is empty.

I only configured the path to music "/share/audio" in MinimServer. All other settings are default.
My flac files are in path /share/audio/albums/albumpaths with files inside
and path /share/audio/sampler/albumpaths with files inside

Path /share/Qmultimedia exists but is empty
The hard disk worked a while (approx 30 minutes) , so MinimServer should found something for indexing.

Is it ok that empty folder view is shown, when configuration is default, except setted path to the music ?
13-10-2012, 18:02
(13-10-2012 16:50)Oroperplex Wrote:  i had installed last version of MINIM Server on my QNAP NAS and it works. I can see it in my Musictreamer and on plugplayer app. But when i open Minim Server entry it shows only "folder views" which is empty.

I only configured the path to music "/share/audio" in MinimServer. All other settings are default.
My flac files are in path /share/audio/albums/albumpaths with files inside
and path /share/audio/sampler/albumpaths with files inside

Path /share/Qmultimedia exists but is empty
The hard disk worked a while (approx 30 minutes) , so MinimServer should found something for indexing.

Is it ok that empty folder view is shown, when configuration is default, except setted path to the music ?

Please select 'Restart' from the minim icon and then open the Properties dialog to make sure that the contentDir setting is correct. After changing this setting, you need to press OK to confirm the change and then select 'Restart' from the minim icon.

If the contentDir setting is correct, please do the following:
1) From the minim icon, select 'Show log' to open the log window
2) In the log window, change the log level from Info to Verbose
3) Leave the log window open and select 'Restart' from the minim icon
4) You should see messages in the log window for all the directories that MinimServer is scanning. Do you see these messages?
13-10-2012, 19:45 (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 20:08 by Oroperplex.)
(13-10-2012 18:02)simoncn Wrote:  If the contentDir setting is correct, please do the following:
1) From the minim icon, select 'Show log' to open the log window
2) In the log window, change the log level from Info to Verbose
3) Leave the log window open and select 'Restart' from the minim icon
4) You should see messages in the log window for all the directories that MinimServer is scanning. Do you see these messages?
ok disable, enable server on the qnap shows more activities in the log Smile
Ok actually i could not interpret all oft the statements. For only a few albums i get an warning, that tracks in same album folder are different tagged on item albumartist. I think here is workload for me

For most albums i got an "scanning directory xxx xxx xx"

There are many entries like:
reading file 02. xxxxx
FLAC block type=0 length=34
FLAC block type=3 length=396
FLAC block type=4 length=574
found Vorbis comment block
FLAC block type=6 length=16385
found embedded picture
FLAC block type=-127 length=7967
adding file tag TITLE=xxxx
adding file tag COMMENT=xxxx
adding file tag ALBUM=xxxx
adding file tag GENRE=Punk-Rock,Funpunk
adding file tag DISCNUMBER=1/1
adding file tag ARTIST=lastname, firstname
adding file tag ALBUMARTIST=xxxx
adding file tag COMPOSER=(See Booklet For Details)
adding file tag ALBUM ARTIST=xxxx
adding file tag DATE=1990/01/01

What does this "adding file tag" mean ? Is it the Database indexing ?

As i come from Twonky you see that tracks somtimes tagged multi genre, genres are divided with an ","; Could Minimin recognize this dividing into two genres tagging correctly ?

My tagging for Artist and Album Artist is lastname, firstname, hopefully not a problem

90% of my tracks are tagged with items:

ALBUM
ALBUM ARTIST
ARTIST different in sampler albums
GENRE
TITLE
TRACK
YEAR: sometimes e.g. 2012 or 2012/7/7 or 2012.7.7
comment (sometimes filled)
Composer (only classical music)

In eyery folder is a folder.jpg cover file. Covers are also embedded into all tracks

Music is streamed from a QNAP 3.7 firmware via IPHONE Plugplayer App to an Musicstreamer model :T+A 1260R. Actually playing works fine. I try to change from Twonky to Minim, because it could be more flexibel in creating individual hierarchical Search trees, comfortabel for me browsing through the music.
13-10-2012, 22:29
(13-10-2012 19:45)Oroperplex Wrote:  ok disable, enable server on the qnap shows more activities in the log Smile
Ok actually i could not interpret all oft the statements. For only a few albums i get an warning, that tracks in same album folder are different tagged on item albumartist. I think here is workload for me

Yes, you should make sure that all the tracks in an album have a single identical AlbumArtist.

Quote:For most albums i got an "scanning directory xxx xxx xx"

This is good, and it shows you have your contentDir property set correctly and MinimServer is scanning your albums.

Quote:There are many entries like:
reading file 02. xxxxx
FLAC block type=0 length=34
FLAC block type=3 length=396
FLAC block type=4 length=574
found Vorbis comment block
FLAC block type=6 length=16385
found embedded picture
FLAC block type=-127 length=7967
adding file tag TITLE=xxxx
adding file tag COMMENT=xxxx
adding file tag ALBUM=xxxx
adding file tag GENRE=Punk-Rock,Funpunk
adding file tag DISCNUMBER=1/1
adding file tag ARTIST=lastname, firstname
adding file tag ALBUMARTIST=xxxx
adding file tag COMPOSER=(See Booklet For Details)
adding file tag ALBUM ARTIST=xxxx
adding file tag DATE=1990/01/01

What does this "adding file tag" mean ? Is it the Database indexing ?

I think you must have changed the log level to Trace (not Verbose) to get this detailed information. This output is used for debugging problems. The Verbose level of output will tell you which folders are being scanned, so you can confirm that the files in your library are being scanned by MinimServer.

Quote:As i come from Twonky you see that tracks somtimes tagged multi genre, genres are divided with an ","; Could Minimin recognize this dividing into two genres tagging correctly ?

MinimServer is handling this correctly according to the FLAC specification. Twonky is handling this incorrectly by interpreting the ',' as a separator character. I'm not intending to change MinimServer's correct behaviour to Twonky's incorrect behaviour.

Quote:My tagging for Artist and Album Artist is lastname, firstname, hopefully not a problem

That's fine.

Quote:90% of my tracks are tagged with items:

ALBUM
ALBUM ARTIST
ARTIST different in sampler albums
GENRE
TITLE
TRACK
YEAR: sometimes e.g. 2012 or 2012/7/7 or 2012.7.7
comment (sometimes filled)
Composer (only classical music)

In eyery folder is a folder.jpg cover file. Covers are also embedded into all tracks

All this is fine. The YEAR tagging will be ignored because MinimServer looks for DATE, not YEAR. It will also ignore COMMENT tags.

Quote:Music is streamed from a QNAP 3.7 firmware via IPHONE Plugplayer App to an Musicstreamer model :T+A 1260R. Actually playing works fine. I try to change from Twonky to Minim, because it could be more flexibel in creating individual hierarchical Search trees, comfortabel for me browsing through the music.

Is your earlier problem with not seeing your music files in PlugPlayer (when using MinimServer) resolved now? From this log output, MinimServer should be scanning your files and showing them in PlugPlayer.
13-10-2012, 23:10 (This post was last modified: 14-10-2012 08:36 by Oroperplex.)
(13-10-2012 22:29)simoncn Wrote:  Is your earlier problem with not seeing your music files in PlugPlayer (when using MinimServer) resolved now? From this log output, MinimServer should be scanning your files and showing them in PlugPlayer.

1.) yes it works

2.) content of "year" tag is shown in plugplayer unfortunately in all variations. So i have more than one entry e.g. 2010 and 2010/7/7. Twonky shows only the first 4 digits, so only one entry for one year. Is it possible also to show only the first 4 digits (2010) ?

Is there a possibility to show one track or album in more than one "genres" ?