Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albums deleted from server still show in app
15-05-2014, 11:17
RE: Albums deleted from server still show in app
Hi reonb, hope you don't mind me "piggy-backing" onto your thread, since I am facing a similar problem.

I am running MinimServer on a Synology DS213, with iTunes on a Mac, and using the Lumin app (iPad) / Kinsky (Mac) with the Lumin player.

a) There are a number of duplicate albums and tracks on the Lumin/Kinsky apps, which I am unable to delete. On iTunes, there are no duplicates. Deleting and re-ripping the album seems to work for some albums but not for others.

b) There are some albums which were "lost" in the process of transferring my library from the Mac to the NAS using Tunespan. Certain albums do not appear at all on iTunes or on the Lumin/Kinsky app. For other albums, only remnants remain (numerous missing tracks).

c) When I re-rip the missing/incomplete album, the album (complete and without any duplicate) appears on iTunes but, for some reason, duplicate albums would now appear on the Lumin/Kinsky app, one with the album art (which I re-ripped) and the other, without (the one that was "lost").

(10-05-2014 12:38)reonb Wrote:  I think I finally found the problem. It is not with Minimserver, but with Synology Diskstation - it keeps the deleted files "Hidden" in a #recycle folder, which is still visible to Minimserver. If I delete the files from #Recycle and rescan Minimserver it works!

reonb, you mentioned that the above worked. How do I access/make visible the #recyle folder please? It is not displayed on the Mac OS Finder. Searching through the Synology folder directories draws up a blank too.

(10-05-2014 15:16)simoncn Wrote:  Another option would be to change your contentDir setting so it doesn't include the #recycled folder.

simoncn, how do I do this please?

Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Albums deleted from server still show in app - nfnc - 15-05-2014 11:17