Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albums deleted from server still show in app
08-05-2014, 21:15
Albums deleted from server still show in app
I am running Mimimserver on a synology NAS. I have several hundred albums. I have deleted some albums from the server, but they keep on showing in my App (Marantz). I rebooted everything, but the problem remains. Now (after one day) albums still show as folders, but without thumbnails. When I open them in the app, it says it has been deleted.

How do I get rid of deleted albums showing in my app.

Can I manually delete the Mimimserver cache files on the server, or will it cause a problem?

Hope someone can help

Reon Brand
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 21:44
RE: Albums deleted from server still show in app
(08-05-2014 21:15)reonb Wrote:  I am running Mimimserver on a synology NAS. I have several hundred albums. I have deleted some albums from the server, but they keep on showing in my App (Marantz). I rebooted everything, but the problem remains. Now (after one day) albums still show as folders, but without thumbnails. When I open them in the app, it says it has been deleted.

How do I get rid of deleted albums showing in my app.

Can I manually delete the Mimimserver cache files on the server, or will it cause a problem?

Hope someone can help

Reon Brand

No worries - I found a way.
I opened Minimserver on Synology nas and I reset the folder path for the music files and rescanned. Worked fine!
08-05-2014, 22:16
(08-05-2014 21:44)reonb Wrote:  No worries - I found a way.
I opened Minimserver on Synology nas and I reset the folder path for the music files and rescanned. Worked fine!

Just rescanning should fix this issue.
10-05-2014, 11:48
(08-05-2014 22:16)simoncn Wrote:  

I tried rescanning, but it did not work. Also my previous report that I found a way only worked the first time. I have endless problems if I delete folders. Thsy do not show with my file manager, but somehow they still show in my minimserver. I've tried rescanning, rebooting, I've now out of desperation uninstalled Minimserver with the intention to re-install. Now it does not want to re-install - it says the port is occupied.
10-05-2014, 12:38 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 12:38 by reonb.)
(10-05-2014 11:48)reonb Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 22:16)simoncn Wrote:  

I tried rescanning, but it did not work. Also my previous report that I found a way only worked the first time. I have endless problems if I delete folders. They do not show with my file manager, but somehow they still show in my minimserver. I've tried rescanning, rebooting, I've now out of desperation uninstalled Minimserver with the intention to re-install. Now it does not want to re-install - it says the port is occupied.

I think I finally found the problem. It is not with Minimserver, but with Synology Diskstation - it keeps the deleted files "Hidden" in a #recycle folder, which is still visible to Minimserver. If I delete the files from #Recycle and rescan Minimserver it works!
10-05-2014, 15:16
(10-05-2014 12:38)reonb Wrote:  I think I finally found the problem. It is not with Minimserver, but with Synology Diskstation - it keeps the deleted files "Hidden" in a #recycle folder, which is still visible to Minimserver. If I delete the files from #Recycle and rescan Minimserver it works!

Another option would be to change your contentDir setting so it doesn't include the #recycled folder.
15-05-2014, 11:17
Hi reonb, hope you don't mind me "piggy-backing" onto your thread, since I am facing a similar problem.

I am running MinimServer on a Synology DS213, with iTunes on a Mac, and using the Lumin app (iPad) / Kinsky (Mac) with the Lumin player.

a) There are a number of duplicate albums and tracks on the Lumin/Kinsky apps, which I am unable to delete. On iTunes, there are no duplicates. Deleting and re-ripping the album seems to work for some albums but not for others.

b) There are some albums which were "lost" in the process of transferring my library from the Mac to the NAS using Tunespan. Certain albums do not appear at all on iTunes or on the Lumin/Kinsky app. For other albums, only remnants remain (numerous missing tracks).

c) When I re-rip the missing/incomplete album, the album (complete and without any duplicate) appears on iTunes but, for some reason, duplicate albums would now appear on the Lumin/Kinsky app, one with the album art (which I re-ripped) and the other, without (the one that was "lost").

(10-05-2014 12:38)reonb Wrote:  I think I finally found the problem. It is not with Minimserver, but with Synology Diskstation - it keeps the deleted files "Hidden" in a #recycle folder, which is still visible to Minimserver. If I delete the files from #Recycle and rescan Minimserver it works!

reonb, you mentioned that the above worked. How do I access/make visible the #recyle folder please? It is not displayed on the Mac OS Finder. Searching through the Synology folder directories draws up a blank too.

(10-05-2014 15:16)simoncn Wrote:  Another option would be to change your contentDir setting so it doesn't include the #recycled folder.

simoncn, how do I do this please?

Many thanks.
15-05-2014, 11:22
(15-05-2014 11:17)nfnc Wrote:  how do I do this please?

Many thanks.

Just create a folder in your NAS called "Music", move your music (sub)folders into there and point Minimserver to pick up just this directory "Music" in the "contentDir" setting.

When you now delete music from within that folder, it will no longer get picked up by MinimServer
15-05-2014, 16:53
(15-05-2014 11:22)bbrip Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:17)nfnc Wrote:  how do I do this please?

Many thanks.

Just create a folder in your NAS called "Music", move your music (sub)folders into there and point Minimserver to pick up just this directory "Music" in the "contentDir" setting.

When you now delete music from within that folder, it will no longer get picked up by MinimServer

Thanks. This is what I had previously done (which appears to be consistent with what you have suggested):

- created a folder called "Music" in my NAS (2 disk)
- iTunes Media Folder location is pointed to "/Volumes/Music"
- under the MinimServer status webpage, selected the content directory as "/volume1/Music" (selecting "/Volumes/Music" (same directory as iTunes Media Folder) resulted in the following message: "Content directory is not valid: /Volumes/Music")
- the music library on the Mac was moved to the "Music" folder in the NAS using TuneSpan.

I manage and tag the library using iTunes.

Scenario 1 - re-ripping an incomplete album

When I delete an incomplete album from the iTunes library (dragging it to the Trash can), I select the option to trash it completely instead of retaining the media files. The album no longer is seen in the iTunes folder and the Lumin/Kinsky apps.

The album is ripped again using iTunes. On iTunes, only one album is displayed but there are duplicate albums on the Lumin/Kinsky apps.

Scenario 2 - ripping a "missing" album

Here, the album is missing from the iTunes library (or was "lost" when migrating my music library from the Mac to the NAS), and is also not displayed in the Lumin/Kinsky apps. It is also not in the "Music" folder in the NAS.

The album is ripped again using iTunes. Only one album is shown on iTunes but there are duplicate albums on the Lumin/Kinsky apps.

In both scenarios, when I go into the Synology File Station page to inspect the Music folder and look at the sub-folder for the album, there are no duplicate tracks or albums. So, I do not understand why there are duplicate albums shown in the the Lumin/Kinsky apps.

Am I missing a step somewhere?
15-05-2014, 17:15
I just discovered another baffling situation when looking at the sub-folder for the duplicate albums under the "Music" folder in the NAS.

In addition to the tracks for the album, there is a rogue sub-folder (which may be named after a track in the album or be unrelated) with random tracks culled from other albums in the music library. These rogue random tracks do not show up on iTunes or the Lumin/Kinsky apps.

For example, under Music/Pet Shop Boys/Discography/, all the tracks in the album will be listed - all is good. However, under Music/Pet Shop Boys/Discography/So Hard/, there will be random tracks from other albums listed in the "So Hard" sub-folder (which takes its name from a track in the Discography album).

I then trace the tracks to another album in the music library (in this case, Barbra Streisand: Love is the Answer), but there are no tracks missing from the Barbra Streisand album.

This is so odd...