Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAS has vanished
06-05-2014, 17:34
NAS has vanished
I came home tonight to find that I could no longer access my NAS. It's a Synology DS213j. When I look in my "Network" on my PC there is no sign of the "DISKSTATION" (as it called itself). Other computers on the Network do appear. When I log onto the Synology page in my browser using the 192.x.x.x, I get an "Oops! Google Chrome..." message. (I'd saved this as a bookmark and it was working fine this morning.)

I have tried rebooting my Router, and switching the Synology on and off - but ... nothing.

Lights on the Synology are all green ...

Does anyone have any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 18:45 (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 18:45 by bbrip.)
RE: NAS has vanished
are you sure you are using fixed IPs? your router may well have assigned another one, ie giving your nas a different address to the one you have saved. If all lights are green and nothing flashing vigourously, the NAS itself seems to be perfectly ok
06-05-2014, 19:07
RE: NAS has vanished
Panic over! I moved the NAS back so that it had a direct connection to the router and it was instantly visible again. I think that the Homeplug-to-NAS connection was poor.

I am rapidly losing faith in the Homeplugs - I may need to come up with a better alternative.