Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synology DS213Air
06-05-2014, 17:21
Synology DS213Air
Hello there,

first of all I'd like to welcome everyone Smile

So let's talk about my problem. I have bought the NAS from Synology and did install correct version of MinimServer. Synology system was 4.xx (don't remember which version). It worked! But then I updated system to version 5.xx and problems began. Every time I tried to start the Minim Server, it was crashing and stopped by NAS OS. I did try to reinstall it but again after the instalation operation was impossible to do as there was some error reported (as found in the minimserver-out.log) /volume1/@appstore/java8/ejdk1.8.0/linux_arm_vfp_hflt/jre/bin/java: not found

But as far as I do remember I did install the newest version of Java for the Synology NAS. Is it require to get different pack for the new OS?

Any ideas? Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 21:25 (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 21:27 by simoncn.)
RE: Synology DS213Air
(06-05-2014 17:21)el_lobo666 Wrote:  Hello there,

first of all I'd like to welcome everyone Smile

So let's talk about my problem. I have bought the NAS from Synology and did install correct version of MinimServer. Synology system was 4.xx (don't remember which version). It worked! But then I updated system to version 5.xx and problems began. Every time I tried to start the Minim Server, it was crashing and stopped by NAS OS. I did try to reinstall it but again after the instalation operation was impossible to do as there was some error reported (as found in the minimserver-out.log) /volume1/@appstore/java8/ejdk1.8.0/linux_arm_vfp_hflt/jre/bin/java: not found

But as far as I do remember I did install the newest version of Java for the Synology NAS. Is it require to get different pack for the new OS?

Any ideas? Huh

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

I think you might have the wrong version of Java.

Which Synology NAS model do you have?

How did you install Java? Did you use Java Manager from Synology or the Java package from patters?
07-05-2014, 13:35 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 13:40 by el_lobo666.)
Hi there,

My NAS model is named in the threat title (DS213Air). And yes, i did install the Java by the download manager from Synology. It's Java SE Embedded 8... I did try to install from different source, but to be honest I'm not the best in this kind of stuff...
07-05-2014, 18:24
OK! I got it! Just had to reinstall the Java package after updating NAS OS. Another lesson taken...
29-07-2014, 16:03
Could you tell me where exactly did you find the Java package, as I can't find it available anywhere in the Package Center on the latest DSM version for my DS213air, even if I did a search.
29-07-2014, 19:11
(29-07-2014 16:03)jpnn80 Wrote:  Could you tell me where exactly did you find the Java package, as I can't find it available anywhere in the Package Center on the latest DSM version for my DS213air, even if I did a search.

To install Java on the DS213air, you need to follow the instructions in this section and the tutorial that is linked from the section.