Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File not being scanned.
17-04-2014, 12:35
File not being scanned.
Hi, I have a strange problem with a file which is apparently not scanned by minimserver.

I have a directory on my Qnap NAS with .m4a audio files of operas from BBC Afternoon on 3.

These can all be seen using remote file manager and played remotely on PC using VLC etc. Most may be played on Linn devices using control point but one file (so far) is not displayed when I use control point on phone. (BubbleDS 1.7.2.1 on Samsung SIII).

I am just starting to research this issue more deeply but does anybody have any thoughts as to why one file in particular cannot be seen?
Budgie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2014, 15:18
RE: File not being scanned.
(17-04-2014 12:35)Budgie Wrote:  Hi, I have a strange problem with a file which is apparently not scanned by minimserver.

I have a directory on my Qnap NAS with .m4a audio files of operas from BBC Afternoon on 3.

These can all be seen using remote file manager and played remotely on PC using VLC etc. Most may be played on Linn devices using control point but one file (so far) is not displayed when I use control point on phone. (BubbleDS 1.7.2.1 on Samsung SIII).

I am just starting to research this issue more deeply but does anybody have any thoughts as to why one file in particular cannot be seen?
Budgie

Have you done a Rescan and then checked the MinimServer log to see if there is an error message for this file?
17-04-2014, 22:33
(17-04-2014 15:18)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 12:35)Budgie Wrote:  Hi, I have a strange problem with a file which is apparently not scanned by minimserver.

Budgie

Have you done a Rescan and then checked the MinimServer log to see if there is an error message for this file?
Hi Simon,
Not yet as I have to be on windoze machine to run minimwatch.
Strange thing is that Twonky is also running on NAS as I use it for videos and the subject file does not show on Twonky either. Very odd.
Will repeat upload / rescan sequence and report results.
BTW are there web control pages for minimserver?
Regards,
Budgie
17-04-2014, 23:42
Further to the above there is no error message regarding the mystery file. I have renamed it slightly and uploaded it again and re-scanned but it still is not picked up by minimserver or Twonky. It is there however and using NAS file manager or NFS from another machine it is there and can be played. A bit of a mystery. I am using folder view but it may be a tagging issue. Trouble is the tagging, such as it is looks OK.
Will study more!
Budgie
18-04-2014, 09:21
(17-04-2014 23:42)Budgie Wrote:  Further to the above there is no error message regarding the mystery file. I have renamed it slightly and uploaded it again and re-scanned but it still is not picked up by minimserver or Twonky. It is there however and using NAS file manager or NFS from another machine it is there and can be played. A bit of a mystery. I am using folder view but it may be a tagging issue. Trouble is the tagging, such as it is looks OK.
Will study more!
Budgie

If you are using folder view, the tagging shouldn't matter unless there was an error reading the tags.

Does the filename start with a '.' character? If so, MinimServer will regard it as a hidden file and will ignore it while scanning.

What is the exact complete filename of the file?
18-04-2014, 22:49
(18-04-2014 09:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 23:42)Budgie Wrote:  Further to the above there is no error message regarding the mystery file. I have renamed it slightly and uploaded it again and re-scanned but it still is not picked up by minimserver or Twonky. It is there however and using NAS file manager or NFS from another machine it is there and can be played. A bit of a mystery. I am using folder view but it may be a tagging issue. Trouble is the tagging, such as it is looks OK.
Will study more!
Budgie

If you are using folder view, the tagging shouldn't matter unless there was an error reading the tags.

Does the filename start with a '.' character? If so, MinimServer will regard it as a hidden file and will ignore it while scanning.

What is the exact complete filename of the file?
Hi Simon,
This is the file name:-
Afternoon_on_3_-_Thursday_Opera_Matinee_Gluck_-_Orfeo.m4a

It was longer but I edited it down and tried again but still no joy. Same problem with Twonky, neither see this file.
18-04-2014, 23:56
(18-04-2014 22:49)Budgie Wrote:  Hi Simon,

It was longer but I edited it down and tried again but still no joy. Same problem with Twonky, neither see this file.

This filename looks OK. Are you sure there isn't an error message in the MinimServer log after doing a Rescan?
19-04-2014, 22:42
(18-04-2014 23:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 22:49)Budgie Wrote:  Hi Simon,

This filename looks OK. Are you sure there isn't an error message in the MinimServer log after doing a Rescan?
Hi Simon,
No error message about this file. (Many other errors which I know about!)
Have now changed logging level to debug and re-scanned. I shall need to spend some time looking at the file which is quite large! Will get back to you.
Budgie