Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Lumin Control Point seeing Library
15-05-2014, 03:55
RE: Issue with Lumin Control Point seeing Library
(04-05-2014 22:17)Roy Boy Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 21:27)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 13:34)Roy Boy Wrote:  It does not look like I have any firewall enabled......The only thing I see is on the Security tab, I see a box checked called "Improve protection against cross site forgery attacks". I cannot seem to copy in a screen shot here to show you

As the firewall isn't active, I'm not sure what is causing the problem or why it occurs only when Media Server isn't installed. Are you running the latest level of DSM?

I am running DSM 5.0-4482......I do not think this would be the issue, but in terms of my network....my media room is in the upstairs of my house and only had Coax cable...My main FIOS Actiontec router (MOCA device) is downstairs for best wireless signal distribution. The Synology and Lumin must be on wired ethernet...so I purchase a second Actiontec router and put it in the media room to get the ethernet ports I needed. I configured it as a secondary router. So I disabled DHCP and turned off the WAN Coax.
Also from the Lumin app the server I see is DS1813 as the name...
This would not explain why starting Media Server fixed by issue....but maybe my issue does relate to why the AirPlay option on the Lumin does not work...
So I tried an experiment and turned on the WIFI on the Actontec router in the media room with the same SSID and WEP and the primary router so I was basically extending the WIFI. When I did this and was in the same media room then I was able to see Minimserver on the Lumin app (for the first time). It was also still seeing the DS1813 NAS which must have been the Media Server app running on Synology. In addition...the Lumin was not visible as an AirPlay device....I am surprised that the Media Server app was able to stream DSD...That is why I thought it was the Luminserver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 07:36
RE: Issue with Lumin Control Point seeing Library
(15-05-2014 03:55)Roy Boy Wrote:  So I tried an experiment and turned on the WIFI on the Actontec router in the media room with the same SSID and WEP and the primary router so I was basically extending the WIFI. When I did this and was in the same media room then I was able to see Minimserver on the Lumin app (for the first time). It was also still seeing the DS1813 NAS which must have been the Media Server app running on Synology. In addition...the Lumin was not visible as an AirPlay device....I am surprised that the Media Server app was able to stream DSD...That is why I thought it was the Luminserver.

According to this page, DSD support was added in the latest version of Media Server.

From your original post, I thought you were running MinimServer on the Synology. From your latest post, I think you might be running MinimServer on some other device in your media room. This seems to be the only explanation for why turning on wi-fi in your media room has made MinimServer visible.

If you're not running MinimServer on the Synology already, it would be a good idea to do this. See this page for details of how to do this installation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply