Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestions to customize browsing
26-09-2012, 10:21 (This post was last modified: 26-09-2012 10:21 by winxi.)
RE: suggestions to customize browsing
(26-09-2012 09:50)simoncn Wrote:  This is a good idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't work on Mac OS X.

What about just changing the icon to a different colour (i think blue is not yet occupied Smile) and additionally changing the icon mouseover text in case of a pending restart? Though, I don't know if this makes sense for OS X.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2012, 10:50
(26-09-2012 10:21)winxi Wrote:  What about just changing the icon to a different colour (i think blue is not yet occupied Smile) and additionally changing the icon mouseover text in case of a pending restart? Though, I don't know if this makes sense for OS X.

That's a possibility, though I did once read somewhere that applications should avoid cyan on Mac OS X because that's reserved for the OS. There's no problem with showing mouseover text on Mac OS X.

Another option would be to make the icon blink slowly. This works with all icon colours, which is better because this situation can exist with all icon colours.
26-09-2012, 16:01
(26-09-2012 10:50)simoncn Wrote:  Another option would be to make the icon blink slowly. This works with all icon colours, which is better because this situation can exist with all icon colours.

Yes, that sounds very good!