Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicate albums
02-04-2014, 18:19
Duplicate albums
I just started having an issue where duplicate albums are showing up in Minimserver using BubbleUPnp on Android. It appears to only be the 3 or 4 albums I have added in the past week or so. There is nothing in the MinimServer logs. I also run JRiver with JRemote and it does not show up there. If I use JRiver as the library with BubbleUPnP as the control point everything shows up normally as well. It also shows up double if I use a BubbleUPnP server as a proxy for Minimserver
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 12:36
RE: Duplicate albums
Hum, I've the same issue and thought it was me having doubled files in my library...
03-04-2014, 14:13
A little more information. The 2 albums show different album covers. After ripping with dbPoweramp I always update the album covers to something with a higher resolution. One a the album versions shows the original album cover. All the other metadata looks identical. I double checked and this is not a result of duplicate filed or file locations. As I stated earlier, it us only the last 3 or 4 albums I ripped. Everything else shows up properly.
05-04-2014, 17:26
(03-04-2014 14:13)pdf1964 Wrote:  A little more information. The 2 albums show different album covers. After ripping with dbPoweramp I always update the album covers to something with a higher resolution. One a the album versions shows the original album cover. All the other metadata looks identical. I double checked and this is not a result of duplicate filed or file locations. As I stated earlier, it us only the last 3 or 4 albums I ripped. Everything else shows up properly.

It sounds like you have accidentally got a second copy of the files in a location that MinimServer is scanning. When you updated the album art, only one of the two copies was updated.

To debug this, you can do the following:

1) Using MinimWatch, open the log window and change the logging level to Verbose

2) Using MinimWatch, select Rescan (not Restart)

3) In the log window, you will see all the directories that MinimServer is scanning. Somewhere in this list, you should see the duplicate locations.
08-04-2014, 13:44
(05-04-2014 17:26)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 14:13)pdf1964 Wrote:  A little more information. The 2 albums show different album covers. After ripping with dbPoweramp I always update the album covers to something with a higher resolution. One a the album versions shows the original album cover. All the other metadata looks identical. I double checked and this is not a result of duplicate filed or file locations. As I stated earlier, it us only the last 3 or 4 albums I ripped. Everything else shows up properly.

It sounds like you have accidentally got a second copy of the files in a location that MinimServer is scanning. When you updated the album art, only one of the two copies was updated.

To debug this, you can do the following:

1) Using MinimWatch, open the log window and change the logging level to Verbose

2) Using MinimWatch, select Rescan (not Restart)

3) In the log window, you will see all the directories that MinimServer is scanning. Somewhere in this list, you should see the duplicate locations.

Simon,
For some odd reason it was also using the Recycle Bin on my Synology NAS as a music location. It has never done this prior to upgrading my NAS to DSM 5. When I update the metadata, it puts the old files in the Recycle Bin, but this is normal behavior. Once I cleared those files it only has single listings like normal.

Thanks for your help,
Paul