Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coontrol point question
21-06-2014, 19:03
Coontrol point question
I have minim server (latest version) running on Synology NAS, controlled by Plugplayer, streaming to my Audio Research DAC. Plugplayer does not support gapless, would like to use another control point for that reason. But I can't get any other control point software to work (except Audio Research's own app). Tried Kinsky, Songbook lite. Can browse music library, but can't play songs.

I have tried adding the correct ohnet subnet, but that does not solve the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2014, 20:22
RE: Coontrol point question
(21-06-2014 19:03)PieterM Wrote:  I have minim server (latest version) running on Synology NAS, controlled by Plugplayer, streaming to my Audio Research DAC. Plugplayer does not support gapless, would like to use another control point for that reason. But I can't get any other control point software to work (except Audio Research's own app). Tried Kinsky, Songbook lite. Can browse music library, but can't play songs.

I have tried adding the correct ohnet subnet, but that does not solve the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

This sounds like a problem with the control point not being able to discover the renderer. Changing MinimServer settings won't help with this. You can try powering the renderer and/or the control point off and on. If this doesn't work, does the control point have a "refresh" button you can use to make the control point initiate a new UPnP search for the renderer?
21-06-2014, 20:30
RE: Control point question
Thank you Simon. The renderer shows up in the control point and is selected. Switching the renderer off/on did not change anything. I would think that there is a problem in the communication between cp and minim server?
21-06-2014, 20:52
(21-06-2014 20:30)PieterM Wrote:  Thank you Simon. The renderer shows up in the control point and is selected. Switching the renderer off/on did not change anything. I would think that there is a problem in the communication between cp and minim server?

If the control point is able to browse successfully, there isn't a problem with the control point communicating with MinimServer. It's possible that the renderer might have a problem communicating with MinimServer, but the evidence of this working when PlugPlayer is the control point seems to imply that renderer to server communication is working.

One possibility is that the list of supported MIME types advertised by the renderer doesn't include the MIME type of the track you are trying to play. In this case, Kinsky will refuse to play the track. Some control points are more tolerant of these mismatches and will play the track anyway. You should be able to find out if this is the problem by looking in the Kinsky log.
21-06-2014, 20:58
Thank you for your reply, I will download the desktop version, look into the log and see if that helps.