Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CUE Sheets
24-09-2014, 17:52
RE: CUE Sheets
Gapless play is essential for music reproduction. If a player is not able to do that it is broken no matter how good it is sound wise (like a car that can not drive curves). I think it's the job of the player manufacturer to fix this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 16:57
(24-09-2014 17:52)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  Gapless play is essential for music reproduction. If a player is not able to do that it is broken no matter how good it is sound wise (like a car that can not drive curves). I think it's the job of the player manufacturer to fix this.
It's not always the player which is the problem, often it's also the interaction with the control point. In my case I have a Pioneer streamer that can do gapless, but only with its own control point. Such control point is however rather useless as it is kind of a stone age tool compared to a Kinsky or Lumin app.

Which is why I'll get myself a Lumin streamer in the long run (= when my finances allow it...).
01-10-2014, 17:38
The only time I found a good use for CUE sheets is in ripping from vinyl LPs. I do also see a few downloads which come in one or two flac files with CUE sheets.

After struggling with CUE and never seeming to get it to work right, I just got hold of Audacity and cut the big files up appropriately. That was, for me, a much better solution, and really it's not hard to parse these files using Audacity, once you've got used to it.

R
09-11-2014, 09:26
Yes, please add support for CUE files into next version. I'll donate extra bonus if you'll put it into. As other users of Cambridge Audio 752BD it's right now only change to play gapless whole album.
09-11-2014, 14:40
Please add CUE support only with a option exclude .cue from indexing (as other playlists, like .m3u too). Thank you
26-11-2014, 11:20 (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 13:58 by clai.)
Hi Simon,
I join to а request of adding CUE support in Minimserver, but necessarily with a ability to exclude .cue from indexing.
CUE Support is standart option for every server i used before, it very needed and useful (but not at all it works properly) and would like to this amazing server have it too. Many many Albums is formed in one big FLAC + *.Cue file.
Exclude .cue from indexing is need to prevent double lists when open folder.
For example, when i open folder with one big FLAC file and *.CUE file i need to see just list of songs there (cue and big flac is not displayed)
And one more question:
When i open Minimserver on a client (for example Yamaha control app for IOS) how to make a list of the folders at once opened (not options to choose by tags, but at once list of folders). Base sort of my music collection is by folders (Genre folder-Artists subfolders). And remove line__________ >>Tag View >_______ from list, just songs.
Maybe can do it in checkbox in settings?
I using Minimserver on ASUSTOR 604T NAS.

Thanks!!
26-11-2014, 22:51
(26-11-2014 11:20)clai Wrote:  Hi Simon,
I join to а request of adding CUE support in Minimserver, but necessarily with a ability to exclude .cue from indexing.
CUE Support is standart option for every server i used before, it very needed and useful (but not at all it works properly) and would like to this amazing server have it too. Many many Albums is formed in one big FLAC + *.Cue file.
Exclude .cue from indexing is need to prevent double lists when open folder.
For example, when i open folder with one big FLAC file and *.CUE file i need to see just list of songs there (cue and big flac is not displayed)

Thanks for this input (and others who have posted to this thread). At present, I think it is very unlikely that MinimServer will support CUE files in the foreseeable future.

Quote:And one more question:
When i open Minimserver on a client (for example Yamaha control app for IOS) how to make a list of the folders at once opened (not options to choose by tags, but at once list of folders). Base sort of my music collection is by folders (Genre folder-Artists subfolders). And remove line__________ >>Tag View >_______ from list, just songs.
Maybe can do it in checkbox in settings?
I using Minimserver on ASUSTOR 604T NAS.

Thanks!!

To view your folders, you need to select [folder view] from the top-level menu. If you don't want '>> Tag View' to appear while you are in folder view, you can set the showExtras property to false.
11-02-2015, 16:48
Dear Simon!
As time passed, the foreseeable future also passed ..
Millions of MinimServer fans are looking forward to when the Simon changes his mind and implements CUE support in MinimServer.
Happiness is not far away, they believe, as I do.
With wishes of creative inspiration.

Clai.
16-02-2015, 17:50
This reminds me of a feature of the very first audio CDs which is now quite forgotten : internal index inside a track (I bought my first CD player in 1985, just when Philips and Sony started making them available).

I remember of one of my first CD, Goldberg by Gould, which was only one single track, and variations were the indexes inside the track.

I have the feeling no one uses this feature nowadays.
16-02-2015, 18:34
You are right, no one uses this feature on CD, but now, at present time, many albums are ripped from CD not by tracks, but as a single CD image, a single FLAC file. To this CD image is attached CUE file, which needed in order to have the opportunity to select a specific track from this image.
A simple example: I have NAS, and music album on it in one FLAC file + CUE file. To play it I use hardware network player with DLNA support. To manage it I use control application on my iPhone. When i open track list on it, i see one FLAC file, but if DLNA server support CUE files, i see every track in it tracklist.
Strange, kind of simple things...