Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ReplayGain
11-02-2018, 18:42
RE: ReplayGain
(11-02-2018 18:28)Billzab Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 16:57)timster Wrote:  And just to be clear, do NOT use Replay Gain (Apply) - that's the one the applies to gain to the file.

Thanks a Timster. I have dbpoweramp and I have downloaded the codec. I see the option in the batch conversion and I will do a test on a folder. I am a bit confused by your last comment above as I don’t see this option. Am I missing something?

Bill.

That's why I was a bit reticent not to mention it initially. Then I thought better of it. Now I'm wondering again...

There are two ways to do it basically. The utility codec which you select from the Converting To.. drop-down in the main Convert window as described. This merely rewrites the tags in-situ. But there is also the Options->Add->DSP Effects at the bottom, where you can select to do the replay gain when actually converting from, say, WAV to FLAC etc. There are two version in there - the tag one, and the apply one.
Obviously by being explicit about what NOT to do I only added complexity!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2018, 19:01
(11-02-2018 18:42)timster Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 16:57)timster Wrote:  And just to be clear, do NOT use Replay Gain (Apply) - that's the one the applies to gain to the file.

Thanks a Timster. I have dbpoweramp and I have downloaded the codec. I see the option in the batch conversion and I will do a test on a folder. I am a bit confused by your last comment above as I don’t see this option. Am I missing something?

Bill.

That's why I was a bit reticent not to mention it initially. Then I thought better of it. Now I'm wondering again...

There are two ways to do it basically. The utility codec which you select from the Converting To.. drop-down in the main Convert window as described. This merely rewrites the tags in-situ. But there is also the Options->Add->DSP Effects at the bottom, where you can select to do the replay gain when actually converting from, say, WAV to FLAC etc. There are two version in there - the tag one, and the apply one.

Thanks a Timster. I appear to only be adding a tag, which is all I want to do. Although I have selected album gain, it still shows as a track gain in the IDtag, but I assume that is OK. I have added the settings in MinimWatch, to match yours, so hopefully all will be well. It’s is taking while to run the convert on my compilations folder, so it will take a few days to do all my albums.

Thanks for the heads up on this, via the Linn forum, I am sure it will save my walls rattling when my playlist jumps from a 70’ track to a 2000’s track.

Bill.
11-02-2018, 20:40
(11-02-2018 19:01)Billzab Wrote:  

Bill.

Thanks a Timster. I appear to only be adding a tag, which is all I want to do. Although I have selected album gain, it still shows as a track gain in the IDtag, but I assume that is OK. I have added the settings in MinimWatch, to match yours, so hopefully all will be well. It’s is taking while to run the convert on my compilations folder, so it will take a few days to do all my albums.

Thanks for the heads up on this, via the Linn forum, I am sure it will save my walls rattling when my playlist jumps from a 70’ track to a 2000’s track.

Bill.

Hold on.
It should show as album gain, not track gain - see this pic:

Also, if you are using the utility codec rather than converting using DSP Effects, it should be a lot quicker. I did mine in batches, split by artist alphabetically, but it was done within a couple of hours for around 10,000 tracks.
11-02-2018, 20:46 (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018 20:57 by Billzab.)
(11-02-2018 20:40)timster Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 19:01)Billzab Wrote:  

Bill.

Bill.

Hold on.
It should show as album gain, not track gain - see this pic:

Also, if you are using the utility codec rather than converting using DSP Effects, it should be a lot quicker. I did mine in batches, split by artist alphabetically, but it was done within a couple of hours for around 10,000 tracks.

OK, I will check again and run it again. I am using the utility. I have never used any of the DSP effects before. Interestingly, if the 4 non blondes track is the first one in your collection, it is also the same in mine Wink

Bill.

PS I am converting wirelessly. I will connect by cable once I have done my test and convert all my tracks.
12-02-2018, 07:57
Yup - 1st in my collection Smile
Yeah, I would suggest doing it over LAN. And not even through powerline adapters either.
04-03-2018, 11:23 (This post was last modified: 04-03-2018 11:26 by ClausDK.)
Hi all,

After a little fiddling I have now ffmpeg installed and running on my readynas ultra. Ffmpeg lamé and codecs, seems to be lame v.3.98.4 and ffmpeg v.1.3.
Minimserver 0.8.4, stream.transcode set to flac:wav24;

However I still get a red message “convOut setting requires a converter, correct....”
(When trying to add the stream options setting)

What’s wrong?
Hope that someone can direct me to a solution on this, thanks

Claus
04-03-2018, 13:21
The ffmpeg binary should be either on the PATH or in the MinimServer opt/bin directory. The stream.converter property will tell you if MinimStreamer is able to find ffmpeg.
12-03-2018, 21:38
I can't set the stream.options= flac:wav;

"Incorrect option syntax"

minimserver-0.8-update-121
minimstreamer-0.7.6
12-03-2018, 22:29
(12-03-2018 21:38)lemonfreak Wrote:  I can't set the stream.options= flac:wav;

"Incorrect option syntax"

minimserver-0.8-update-121
minimstreamer-0.7.6

that should be in stream.transcode. So you have

stream.converter /mnt/ext/opt/medialibrary/bin/ffmpeg (or wherever it is on your system)
stream.options convOut=-af volume=replaygain=track
stream.transcode flac:wav;

The above three assume you wish to do track gain adjustment

Peter
13-03-2018, 18:47
ok,
I download the ffmpeg from http://www.ffmpeg.org and put it on my WHS 1.0 to the folder C:\ffmpeg\bin

stream.converter C:\ffmpeg\bin

but now is the event: "Converter not supported"

Huh