Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folders have pictures associated with them
04-03-2014, 07:54
RE: Folders have pictures associated with them
Sorry Simon thats what I thought I did here is the repeat effort
Never was good a doing what I was told http://forum1613.minimserver.com/images/...nfused.gif

.zip  kinsky2.zip (Size: 1.04 KB / Downloads: 1)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 08:48
(04-03-2014 07:54)nrwatson Wrote:  Sorry Simon thats what I thought I did here is the repeat effort
Never was good a doing what I was told http://forum1613.minimserver.com/images/...nfused.gif

Unfortunately, this log doesn't contain the information that I need. It appears you didn't quit Kinsky before starting the log. I think it would be better to power off the Mac and power it on again to make sure Kinsky has been restarted. Please do the following:

1) Power off the Mac completely
2) Power on the Mac
3) Start MinimWatch
4) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
5) The MinimWatch log window will be displayed. In this window, set the logging level to Trace.
6) Do not close the log window after setting the logging level to Trace, but leave the log window open.
7) With the log window still open and the logging level set to Trace, launch Kinsky and navigate to the screen with the incorrect picture, using the smallest number of steps to do this.
8) During step 7, you should see a large amount of output (hundreds or thousands of lines) in the log window. If this doesn't happen, something has gone wrong with the previous steps.
9) As soon as you see the incorrect picture, go back to the log window and click 'Save as' to save the log file. Don't change the logging level before you do this.
10) After saving the log file, set the logging level back to Info in the log window, then close the log window.
11) Zip the saved log file and attach it to a post here

Many thanks for all your help with this!
04-03-2014, 09:25
I've noticed what's causing the problem with producing this log. You need to select 'Show log' from the minim icon to show the log window, not 'Options > Show log (watch)'. The latter will show a log for what is happening in MinimWatch, and the former will show a log for what is happening in MinimServer.
04-03-2014, 10:33
I also find it a bit confusing. Could you rename those options or the menu items pointing to them?
04-03-2014, 11:01
(04-03-2014 10:33)uk75 Wrote:  I also find it a bit confusing. Could you rename those options or the menu items pointing to them?

I'm not sure how this could be made clearer. The main pop-up menu controls MinimServer. The "Options" submenu has its selections labelled to indicate they are for MinimWatch rather than MinimServer. This is described in this section of the User guide.
04-03-2014, 14:51
Ah I thought I had followed your instructions first time but had used options will send file when I get home
04-03-2014, 19:32
Hope this is right sorry I am being a bit thick

.zip  kinsky3.zip (Size: 63.15 KB / Downloads: 1)
04-03-2014, 20:10 (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 20:13 by simoncn.)
(04-03-2014 19:32)nrwatson Wrote:  Hope this is right sorry I am being a bit thick

This is fine and you are not being thick. I didn't explain it clearly enough. I will look at this log and let you know what I find. Thanks very much for your help with this!
04-03-2014, 20:18
Did exactly as requested before hope this is right !!

.zip  kinsky4.zip (Size: 8.81 KB / Downloads: 1)
05-03-2014, 14:06
(04-03-2014 20:18)nrwatson Wrote:  Did exactly as requested before hope this is right !!

Thanks very much for these files.

From these files, I have a better idea of what is happening, but I haven't yet found the cause of the problem.

Please can you help by sending some more information.

I believe you are running MinimServer on a Synology DiskStation. Using Synology File Station, please navigate to the folder:

homes > minimserver > appData

This folder should contain two files named Music-1.mcache and Music-2.mcache. Please use File Station to download these two files to another computer, without stopping or restarting MinimServer.

On the other computer, please zip the two downloaded files and post them as attachments here. I am hoping these files will contain enough information for me to be able to solve the problem.

Many thanks for all your help with this!