Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creation of Playlist on Kinsky
16-08-2012, 19:17
Creation of Playlist on Kinsky
Is there a way round an annoying problem,encountered when crating a Playlist in Kinsky?

When you select an album and then drag songs onto playlist, when you hit back button to return to album or artist selection, the album or artist list has reverted back to first albums or artists in alphabetical order.So if you have say chosen songs from album entitled say M, when you go back to selection albums have reverted back to A.Very annoying when you are working through 300 albums, and each time you have to scroll down to where you were on the list.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 19:55 (This post was last modified: 16-08-2012 19:58 by mikejazz.)
RE: Creation of Playlist on Kinsky
(16-08-2012 19:17)GOCUS Wrote:  Is there a way round an annoying problem,encountered when crating a Playlist in Kinsky?

When you select an album and then drag songs onto playlist, when you hit back button to return to album or artist selection, the album or artist list has reverted back to first albums or artists in alphabetical order.So if you have say chosen songs from album entitled say M, when you go back to selection albums have reverted back to A.Very annoying when you are working through 300 albums, and each time you have to scroll down to where you were on the list.

I just tested (kinsky 4..3.3 on iPAD, running Minim) and same problem does not happen with me.
But get one thing straight: you say "When you select an album and then drag songs onto playlist"...I suppose you are listing the several tracks of the album, to select one or a few - because you can add the entire album from the previous navigation state (listing all albums)...
Anyway, in my case, when I hit "BACK" it took me to the exact same place!

Other point, you can jump to the letter directly in Kinsky (there is an alphabet formed in the right side of the album listing).
16-08-2012, 19:57
(16-08-2012 19:17)GOCUS Wrote:  Is there a way round an annoying problem,encountered when crating a Playlist in Kinsky?

Which platform are you using to run Kinsky when you see this problem?
19-08-2012, 21:32
Hi Simon,

The platform I am using is Kinsky Desktop.I have Kinsky on my i pad but have not tried to create a playlist on the i pad.
19-08-2012, 23:13
(19-08-2012 21:32)GOCUS Wrote:  Hi Simon,

The platform I am using is Kinsky Desktop.I have Kinsky on my i pad but have not tried to create a playlist on the i pad.

I tried this using Kinsky Desktop 4.3.3, and the back button took me back to the previous position in the alphabetical list.