Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuring radio streams with minimwatch
25-08-2014, 08:35 (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 08:39 by Leixuros.)
RE: Configuring radio streams with minimwatch
There is no error message in the log. The m3u file contains:

Quote:#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[Linn] Linn Radio Classical
http://radio.linnrecords.com/cast/tunein...aylist.pls

I use an ONKYO TX-8050. But the wrong display in the ONKYO app is not all. If I enter the stream ID in stream.record I get the message that this ID is unknown. That can’t be because of the ONKYO player...

Attached is the screenshot.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2014, 17:26
(25-08-2014 08:35)Leixuros Wrote:  There is no error message in the log. The m3u file contains:

Quote:#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[Linn] Linn Radio Classical
http://radio.linnrecords.com/cast/tunein...aylist.pls

I use an ONKYO TX-8050. But the wrong display in the ONKYO app is not all. If I enter the stream ID in stream.record I get the message that this ID is unknown. That can’t be because of the ONKYO player...

Attached is the screenshot.

Your .m3u file has a blank at the end of the first line after #EXTM3U. This is preventing the #EXTM3U directive from being recognised.
25-08-2014, 18:32
Aha! That’s it. Now it works. There is just one issue: I made this file by copy and paste from your website. This means, the example there has this blank which makes the problem. It’s difficult to find an error if one is absolutely sure that the source is the best one can find. So you should change this on the website when you have the time for it.

Now it works, I can record a stream – but it’s not very comfortable. I can listen to the stream – but it takes a very long time until it begins to play. So I stay with the net access of my ONKYO player. Anyway: Now I know how it can work if I need it.

Thanks for your help and your patience!
25-08-2014, 21:17
(25-08-2014 18:32)Leixuros Wrote:  Aha! That’s it. Now it works. There is just one issue: I made this file by copy and paste from your website. This means, the example there has this blank which makes the problem. It’s difficult to find an error if one is absolutely sure that the source is the best one can find. So you should change this on the website when you have the time for it.

The example on the website doesn't have this blank character. I think it must have been added when you copied it, presumably into a text editor. Which text editor did you use for this?

Quote:Now it works, I can record a stream – but it’s not very comfortable. I can listen to the stream – but it takes a very long time until it begins to play. So I stay with the net access of my ONKYO player. Anyway: Now I know how it can work if I need it.

Thanks for your help and your patience!

If the stream takes a long time to start playing, this is caused by buffering within the renderer. Some renderers have a fixed-size buffer and don't start playing until this buffer is full.
26-08-2014, 08:47
I used TextWrangler. Stange. It didn't add blanks before.

If I use the net function the ONKY player provides, the stream starts much more quickly: After 10 or 15 seconds. With Minimstreamer it takes 1 minute or sometimes 2. Anyway: for me this is not an important issue. Minim Server works very well, and I love it. That’s much more important as this one, nice but not vital feature... Wink
26-08-2014, 09:43
(26-08-2014 08:47)Leixuros Wrote:  I used TextWrangler. Stange. It didn't add blanks before.

The next update of MinimServer will ignore any trailing blanks on the #EXTINF line.

Quote:If I use the net function the ONKY player provides, the stream starts much more quickly: After 10 or 15 seconds. With Minimstreamer it takes 1 minute or sometimes 2. Anyway: for me this is not an important issue. Minim Server works very well, and I love it. That’s much more important as this one, nice but not vital feature... Wink

I'm surprised the startup is as slow as this. When I do this, the music starts within a few seconds.

Do you get the same slow startup for the regular Linn stream (marked 'Linn Radio Classical' in the playlist) as you do for the the MinimStreamer version of the stream (marked '[Linn] Linn Radio Classical' in the playlist)?
27-08-2014, 07:49
It’s for both entries the same. But I believe, it is an issue between minim streamer and my ONKYO player, because there is another problem: I can’t stop playing such a stream. The stop button has no effect. (That’s not so if I play a normal file.) When it starts, it plays for ever... Wink

(Hmm... It’s so difficult to write what I want to say in english. I hope, you can understand...)
27-08-2014, 08:30
(27-08-2014 07:49)Leixuros Wrote:  It’s for both entries the same. But I believe, it is an issue between minim streamer and my ONKYO player, because there is another problem: I can’t stop playing such a stream. The stop button has no effect. (That’s not so if I play a normal file.) When it starts, it plays for ever... Wink

(Hmm... It’s so difficult to write what I want to say in english. I hope, you can understand...)

Your English is very good. I can understand you very clearly. Smile

When you choose the regular version of the stream (not [Linn]), you are playing the stream via a direct connection to the Linn URL on the internet. MinimStreamer is not involved in any way.

This should be the same as entering the stream URL as a manual radio preset in the ONKYO, as described in the "Listening to Other Internet Radio" section of the ONKYO user guide (page En-30). If it is not the same, this means that the ONKYO uses a different protocol to access regular files than the protocol it uses to access internet radio streams.

There is something else you can try that might improve this. Please try changing [Linn] to [Linn;mp3] and restart MinimServer and the ONKYO, then try playing the [Linn] stream. It will still show as [Linn] even though you have used [Linn;mp3] in the .m3u file.
27-08-2014, 11:56
No. There is no difference. The delay before playing the stream is as long as before. It doesn’t matter, which version of the stream I choose.

OK. No problem. It’s not important for me. Thanks for your help!
27-08-2014, 20:19
(27-08-2014 11:56)Leixuros Wrote:  No. There is no difference. The delay before playing the stream is as long as before. It doesn’t matter, which version of the stream I choose.

OK. No problem. It’s not important for me. Thanks for your help!

I appreciate your help with this. Many thanks!