Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Configuring radio streams with minimwatch
08-04-2014, 12:41
RE: Configuring radio streams with minimwatch
(08-04-2014 12:27)largestgasman Wrote:  I have installed minimstreamer and I do see the two copies.
I have tried both but to no avail.

I think this means the Naim renderer can't recognise the format of the stream. The renderer should be able to use the HTTP MIME type to recognise the stream format (such as MP3 or AAC), but some renderers can't do this and require a file extension in the URL to detect the stream format.

You should be able to work around this problem by configuring MinimStreamer to transcode all network streams to WAV format. To do this, use MinimWatch to set the stream.transcode property to:

*:wav

and restart MinimServer. You should now be able to select and play the MinimStreamer versions of these streams.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 01:43
(08-04-2014 12:41)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 12:27)largestgasman Wrote:  I have installed minimstreamer and I do see the two copies.
I have tried both but to no avail.

I think this means the Naim renderer can't recognise the format of the stream. The renderer should be able to use the HTTP MIME type to recognise the stream format (such as MP3 or AAC), but some renderers can't do this and require a file extension in the URL to detect the stream format.

You should be able to work around this problem by configuring MinimStreamer to transcode all network streams to WAV format. To do this, use MinimWatch to set the stream.transcode property to:

*:wav

and restart MinimServer. You should now be able to select and play the MinimStreamer versions of these streams.

Hi. I have changed the settings as you suggest but am still unable to play any of the streams.
09-04-2014, 07:31 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 07:32 by simoncn.)
(09-04-2014 01:43)largestgasman Wrote:  Hi. I have changed the settings as you suggest but am still unable to play any of the streams.

Please leave the transcode setting as *:wav and do the following to create a debug log:

1) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
2) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
3) Leave the log window open
4) Try to play one of these streams (without ... in the URL)
5) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the log to a file
6) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

To add an attachment to a forum post, you need to select the attached file from 'New Attachment' and then click 'Add Attachment'. If you don't click 'Add Attachment', the file won't be attached.
09-04-2014, 14:32
(09-04-2014 07:31)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 01:43)largestgasman Wrote:  Hi. I have changed the settings as you suggest but am still unable to play any of the streams.

Please leave the transcode setting as *:wav and do the following to create a debug log:

1) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
2) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
3) Leave the log window open
4) Try to play one of these streams (without ... in the URL)
5) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the log to a file
6) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

To add an attachment to a forum post, you need to select the attached file from 'New Attachment' and then click 'Add Attachment'. If you don't click 'Add Attachment', the file won't be attached.

Here is the log file as requested. With any luck I have managed to attach it properly this time!
Watching the log develop as I select items it was noticeable that nothing was added to the log as I pressed to select the radio stream.

Attached File(s)
.zip  minimlog.zip (Size: 1.25 KB / Downloads: 9)
10-04-2014, 22:24
(09-04-2014 14:32)largestgasman Wrote:  Here is the log file as requested. With any luck I have managed to attach it properly this time!
Watching the log develop as I select items it was noticeable that nothing was added to the log as I pressed to select the radio stream.

Thanks for sending this.

Some of these URLs still contain '...'. This should be fixed, but it doesn't explain why the NDX isn't sending any requests to MinimServer to play these streams.

What setting do you have in n-Stream for UPnP compatibility mode? Can you try changing this to see if it makes any difference to what requests are sent by the NDX to MinimServer?
10-04-2014, 23:51
(10-04-2014 22:24)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 14:32)largestgasman Wrote:  Here is the log file as requested. With any luck I have managed to attach it properly this time!

Thanks for sending this.

Some of these URLs still contain '...'. This should be fixed, but it doesn't explain why the NDX isn't sending any requests to MinimServer to play these streams.

What setting do you have in n-Stream for UPnP compatibility mode? Can you try changing this to see if it makes any difference to what requests are sent by the NDX to MinimServer?

Hi there. Yes, I decided to not fix them up until I got the system working. I'll look into sorting them out to get rid of any errors.

I have UPnP compatibility mode turned off. I will flick it to on tonight when I get home and see if it makes a difference.
cheers
11-04-2014, 17:53
I am having trouble setting this up as well for Linn Radio streaming. I have MinimStreamer installed. How do I access n-streamer. Sorry for the dumb question but for whatever reason I do not see it.
11-04-2014, 18:57
(11-04-2014 17:53)clio09 Wrote:  I am having trouble setting this up as well for Linn Radio streaming. I have MinimStreamer installed. How do I access n-streamer. Sorry for the dumb question but for whatever reason I do not see it.

n-Stream is a Naim application for controlling Naim streamers. Do you have a Naim streamer?
11-04-2014, 20:45
No, I have a Resolution Audio Cantata as a renderer. I am thinking now that it may not support streaming but I also think I probably made some errors setting up the Linn Radio .m3u files.
11-04-2014, 21:16
(11-04-2014 20:45)clio09 Wrote:  No, I have a Resolution Audio Cantata as a renderer. I am thinking now that it may not support streaming but I also think I probably made some errors setting up the Linn Radio .m3u files.

There is some discussion of the Resolution Audio Cantata in this thread. It seems this device supports streaming but has a few issues with not being fully capable as a UPnP renderer.

Can you attach your .m3u files to a forum post?