Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuring radio streams with minimwatch
29-01-2015, 10:48
RE: Configuring radio streams with minimwatch
One final point:

I brought out the £35 Ebay streamer I bought to prove the concept of streaming my music around the house, and it streams radio stations beautifully. If it had better audio quality, notably decent bass, I'd still be using it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2015, 01:41
(19-09-2014 21:10)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 20:10)Santelises Wrote:  I also have a OPPO BDP105 and I can transcode some stations using *.L16. As an example BBC3 with the addition of the rate of 32000. However, it is not clear to me what specific information is the OPPO requiring, so I wanted to verify with you since I seem to be having inconsistent results. From the Minimstreamer use guide it says:

NEW] Some control points and renderers are unable to play streams unless additional stream audio information is provided in the playlist entry. If you need to provide this audio information for your control point or renderer, you can use one of the following formats for the stream name:
[id;type] name
[id;type,samplerate] name
[id;type,samplerate,channels]

Does the OPPO fall as a renderer in this category and if so what additional info (as an example type) should be coded?

Yes, the OPPO has a few problems with playing internet streams and it needs this additional information to make it possible to do this.

The type field is aac for the BBC streams and mp3 for most other internet radio streams. You can find a list of stream types on this site (see the key at the bottom of each page that has a list of streams).

If you can say which internet stream you are trying to play and what inconsistent results you are having, I will do my best to help you solve the problem. Please also post the transcoding settings (if any) that you are using.

Simon,
I am attempting to stream the following station to my OPPO as :
http://radiolive.rtve.es/radioclasica.m3u
It streams, but the sound breaks consistently creating gaps,so my thinking is that I need to provide additional parameters for the OPPO. For a test I used ITunes on my PC to stream the link above and it says that is mpeg-1 at 44.1K . Any ideas as to what may need to be done?
31-01-2015, 08:26
(31-01-2015 01:41)Santelises Wrote:  Simon,
It streams, but the sound breaks consistently creating gaps,so my thinking is that I need to provide additional parameters for the OPPO. For a test I used ITunes on my PC to stream the link above and it says that is mpeg-1 at 44.1K . Any ideas as to what may need to be done?

Are you routing the stream via MinimStreamer as described in this section? If not, please try doing this without enabling any transcoding.

Most internet streams contain Icy/Shoutcast metadata. If your player can't handle this, you might get the symptoms you are describing. If the stream is routed via MinimStreamer, MinimStreamer removes this metadata.
31-01-2015, 14:53
(31-01-2015 08:26)simoncn Wrote:  
(31-01-2015 01:41)Santelises Wrote:  Simon,

Are you routing the stream via MinimStreamer as described in this section? If not, please try doing this without enabling any transcoding.

Most internet streams contain Icy/Shoutcast metadata. If your player can't handle this, you might get the symptoms you are describing. If the stream is routed via MinimStreamer, MinimStreamer removes this metadata.
Simon,
Yes I am routing via minimstreamer. Here is the definition for the station from my m3u file:
#EXTINF:-1,[*RTVE;mp3] Radio Clasica Madrid
http://94.23.208.88/radioclasica

I also removed mp3 from the definition without change. This station used to work but they made some changes including a new URL and that is when the issue started.
31-01-2015, 16:11
(31-01-2015 14:53)Santelises Wrote:  Simon,
Yes I am routing via minimstreamer. Here is the definition for the station from my m3u file:

I also removed mp3 from the definition without change. This station used to work but they made some changes including a new URL and that is when the issue started.

This stream is using HTTP chunked encoding. This isn't supported by MinimStreamer.

You could try sending the stream directly to the renderer without using MinimStreamer by removing [*RTVE;mp3] from the playlist entry. I tried doing this with a Linn DS but I got the same problem.
31-01-2015, 17:54
(31-01-2015 16:11)simoncn Wrote:  
(31-01-2015 14:53)Santelises Wrote:  Simon,

This stream is using HTTP chunked encoding. This isn't supported by MinimStreamer.

You could try sending the stream directly to the renderer without using MinimStreamer by removing [*RTVE;mp3] from the playlist entry. I tried doing this with a Linn DS but I got the same problem.

Thanks for checking it didn't work for me either.
10-03-2015, 10:11
Hi,
I am trying to get radio internet streams onto a Philips fidelio AW5000 WLAN Speaker via a m3u-playlist as described on the minimStreamer homepage.
I've also read all concerning post in the forum, but, unfortunatly, I can not get it to work. Tried different transcoding options, but no luck only silence.
Any idea or information what the problem could be or if it is generally possible with the AW5?

Thanks
10-03-2015, 10:37
(10-03-2015 10:11)zehess Wrote:  Hi,
I am trying to get radio internet streams onto a Philips fidelio AW5000 WLAN Speaker via a m3u-playlist as described on the minimStreamer homepage.
I've also read all concerning post in the forum, but, unfortunatly, I can not get it to work. Tried different transcoding options, but no luck only silence.
Any idea or information what the problem could be or if it is generally possible with the AW5?

Thanks

Some players send byte-range requests when playing a file or stream using UPnP/DLNA. This works for local files but not for network streams.

To confirm whether this is the problem, I would need to see a debug log. You can create this by doing the following:

1) Disable all transcoding and restart MinimServer
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, set the logging level to Debug
4) Leave the log window open
5) Try to play a radio stream
6) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the log data to a file
7) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info
8) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

I will look at the log file and let you know what I find.
10-03-2015, 10:57
(10-03-2015 10:37)simoncn Wrote:  Some players send byte-range requests when playing a file or stream using UPnP/DLNA. This works for local files but not for network streams.

To confirm whether this is the problem, I would need to see a debug log. You can create this by doing the following:
I will look at the log file and let you know what I find.

thanks for finding out! Here is the log file...

Attached File(s)
.zip  log.zip (Size: 11.03 KB / Downloads: 1)
10-03-2015, 13:57
(10-03-2015 10:57)zehess Wrote:  thanks for finding out! Here is the log file...

Thanks for sending the log.

The player is using the Windows Media HTTP Streaming Protocol to request the stream. This protocol requires the server to send Windows-specific fields in the response. MinimStreamer doesn't support sending these Windows-specific fields and neither does the Linn Classical server.

MinimServer is sending a valid standard HTTP response with the stream data but it appears the player won't accept this without the additional Windows-specific fields.