Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
error log
11-02-2014, 19:56
error log
Hi Simon
Thanks for your answer on cataloguing (last name first)sounds like that will take some time will get to that when I can in the meantime
I finally got around to checking my log I have several classes of messages:

Warning: truncating (or ignoring) incorrect value for date tag etc,

Warning: ignoring conflicting DISCNUMBER value 1 in file Various Artists/ Disco Hits Disc 8 etc

Warning conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for album Million Sellers- Sun's gold hits Vol 1
first conflicting value: Charlie Rich
first conflicting item Lonely Weekend

Error: format error in WAV file Georg Friedrick Handel Suites for keyboard/ 04 Suite HWV 452 in G minor Gigue.wav

Error: format error in WAV file Michael Buble/ To Be Loved/ 04 Who's Lovin' You.wav

Those two last albums were downloaded from HD Tracks (I had to play around with the Handel to get it to even show up, and it shows up with out album art) The Buble album doesn't even show up and yet if I send it to Minimserver again on the Synology NAS it says it's already there (I did reboot the MinimServer still doesn't show up.)

Most of my music has been ripped through DB Poweramp from my cd collection (about a thousand) and the rest has been downloaded from Linn, iTrax, Blue Coast records and HD Tracks (have had a lot of trouble with their music downloads)

Are any of these messages worrisome and do I need to do anything about them? Any thoughts on the downloads from HD tracks
Thanks so much for your guidance and patience
George
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 09:07
RE: error log
(11-02-2014 19:56)yurkot Wrote:  Hi Simon
Thanks for your answer on cataloguing (last name first)sounds like that will take some time will get to that when I can in the meantime

Unfortunately, this approach isn't very practical for a large library. You could use Mp3tag to automate the conversion of most of these tags from "firstname lastname" to "lastname, firstname". See this thread for information about how to do this. You could then do a manual edit to fix up any names that weren't converted correctly by the automated process.

There is an interesting article on artist sort names on this page. These rules are too complicated to be fully automated, so it would be necessary to use a "sort artist" tag in addition to the artist tag.

I'm planning to do some work soon to improve the way MinimServer handles artist sorting. It might be a good idea for you to hold off making major changes until then.

Quote:I finally got around to checking my log I have several classes of messages:

Warning: truncating (or ignoring) incorrect value for date tag etc,

If the date is truncated, you will see the year only with no month or day information. If the date is ignored, you won't see a date for the album.

Quote:Warning: ignoring conflicting DISCNUMBER value 1 in file Various Artists/ Disco Hits Disc 8 etc

This might give unexpected results when you view a multidisc album.

Quote:Warning conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for album Million Sellers- Sun's gold hits Vol 1
first conflicting value: Charlie Rich
first conflicting item Lonely Weekend

The ALBUMARTIST value will be missing from this album.

Quote:Error: format error in WAV file Georg Friedrick Handel Suites for keyboard/ 04 Suite HWV 452 in G minor Gigue.wav

Error: format error in WAV file Michael Buble/ To Be Loved/ 04 Who's Lovin' You.wav

This is the most serious of the messages. Because it's an error rather than a warning, the track is ignored completely by MinimServer. Please upload one or both of these tracks to my FTP server and I will look at what is causing the problem. I will PM you the server details now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply