Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIFF transcoding
10-02-2014, 14:18
AIFF transcoding
Hi - I'm using Minimserver/watch/stream and all's good. However I would like to transcode on the fly my iTunes library AIFF files which reside on my NAS. I can't be bothered converting them all individually (500gb).

I don't think this is possible with minimstream today ... have I got this right?

David Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 14:43
RE: AIFF transcoding
(10-02-2014 14:18)skyeplayer Wrote:  Hi - I'm using Minimserver/watch/stream and all's good. However I would like to transcode on the fly my iTunes library AIFF files which reside on my NAS. I can't be bothered converting them all individually (500gb).

I don't think this is possible with minimstream today ... have I got this right?

David Huh

Transcoding from AIFF isn't supported currently. Are you using a player that doesn't support AIFF files? If so, which player is this?
10-02-2014, 17:01
Hi - thanks for the reply. I was thinking about an 'old' Naim Uniti but will now reconsider. David
10-02-2014, 17:21
(10-02-2014 17:01)skyeplayer Wrote:  Hi - thanks for the reply. I was thinking about an 'old' Naim Uniti but will now reconsider. David

You should be able to use dBpoweramp to do a batch conversion. You could let it run overnight (or a couple of nights).
10-02-2014, 17:39
Thanks