Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim Server crashes without interaction overnight - SOLVED
20-08-2012, 20:03
RE: Minim Server crashes without interaction overnight
(20-08-2012 17:35)simoncn Wrote:  The ohNet developers have produced a fix for testing. I'll make a test build for Mac OS X with this change, and I'll post a download link later this evening.

Please download the test build from this link. If you get another similar crash (or any other problems), please let me know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2012, 06:46
Hi Simon,

wow! That was a very prompt turnaround. Thank you very much. I have downloaded the file today and installed it. The crash appeared in the following conditions: start MinimServer, play Music, let server idle for >10 hours. So, this is exactely what I will do today and report tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Andreas.
29-08-2012, 18:12 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 12:07 by akolbe.)
Hello Somon,

unfortunately, the issue has not been soved completely. The app does no longer create a crash but it hangs after some time. I have attached the disgnostics, I could extract from this event.

Best regards,
Andreas.
30-08-2012, 22:17
(29-08-2012 18:12)akolbe Wrote:  Hello Somon,

unfortunately, the issue has not been soved completely. The app does no longer create a crash but it hangs after some time. I have attached the disgnostics, I could extract from this event.

Best regards,
Andreas.

Thanks very much for testing this. The diagnostics are very helpful and they indicate that the hang is likely to be caused by a deadlock in ohNet. I have sent this information to the ohNet developers, and I'll let you know when they respond.
07-09-2012, 11:42
(30-08-2012 22:17)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks very much for testing this. The diagnostics are very helpful and they indicate that the hang is likely to be caused by a deadlock in ohNet. I have sent this information to the ohNet developers, and I'll let you know when they respond.

Hi Andreas,
The ohNet developers have provided a fix for this hang. Please download a test version of MinimServer from this link. Please let me know if you have any problems with this version. Thanks!

Best regards,
Simon
13-09-2012, 15:23
Hi Simon,

I have tested this release on my machine and can happily state that the error did not re-appear. So, I think this release works on my Mac set-up.

Thanks to the OH-developers!

Best regards,
Andreas.
13-09-2012, 22:01
(13-09-2012 15:23)akolbe Wrote:  Hi Simon,

I have tested this release on my machine and can happily state that the error did not re-appear. So, I think this release works on my Mac set-up.

Thanks to the OH-developers!

Best regards,
Andreas.

Thanks very much for this feedback. I'll pass on the good news to the ohNet developers.