Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer on Asustor
09-03-2014, 14:19
RE: MinimServer on Asustor
(09-03-2014 10:46)rredline Wrote:  Managed to install JRE and run MinimServer...
But how to turn the server status from "Stopped" to "Running"?
And how to input the full path of content directory?
Thanks.

It should be "volume1" (small v).

Do you have a shared folder already set up to hold your music? If not, you need to create this first.

After typing the correct name, click Update to change the status.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2014, 01:01
(09-03-2014 14:19)simoncn Wrote:  It should be "volume1" (small v).

Yes! Now it works with my PC's XBMC.
Thanks.

[Image: 1t9ba9.jpg]
10-03-2014, 09:50 (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 11:06 by simoncn.)
(10-03-2014 01:01)rredline Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 14:19)simoncn Wrote:  It should be "volume1" (small v).

Yes! Now it works with my PC's XBMC.
Thanks.

From this, it looks like you are not using MinimServer to view these files in XBMC. You have created a network share on the ASUSTOR, and you are accessing this network share as a mapped drive Z: on Windows using XBMC.

To use MinimServer, you need to configure XBMC to search for UPnP servers. When you have done this, select MinimServer[xxx] where xxx is the network name of the ASUSTOR NAS.

To do this configuration, display the XBMC screen, select System > Settings > Services and enable "Allow control of XBMC via UPnP". You should now be able to see MinimServer[xxx] as a music source.
10-03-2014, 13:43 (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 13:46 by rredline.)
(10-03-2014 09:50)simoncn Wrote:  you are accessing this network share as a mapped drive Z: on Windows using XBMC.

Oops...I forgot that I have mapped the MinimServer folder in Windows.
I have try to add the uPnP Device as music source and I've found MinimServer[ASUSTOR] and the music inside. But it seems MinimServer does not support APE files, only FLAC files show-up.
XBMC can play APE in other source without issue though.
10-03-2014, 13:55
(03-03-2014 17:49)simoncn Wrote:  I've been able to access the XBMC configuration UI by connecting the ASUSTOR HDMI output to a display. Using this, I have set up XBMC to discover MinimServer as a UPnP server.

Having done this, the next step is to remove the HDMI cable from the ASUSTOR and reboot. When XBMC has restarted, I can use the XBMC Remote app on iOS (not Android) to play files from MinimServer using XBMC via the ASUSTOR audio jack. I haven't found a way to get XBMC to play files through a USB DAC, and I haven't found any other UPnP media players for the ASUSTOR.

I could not use the Asustor's XBMC as I do not have an HDMI display.
It seems a phone or tablet with XBMC app is needed to properly utilise the features. My phone OS is too old for the XBMC app and I'm pretty much stucked here.
10-03-2014, 16:07
(10-03-2014 13:55)rredline Wrote:  I could not use the Asustor's XBMC as I do not have an HDMI display.
It seems a phone or tablet with XBMC app is needed to properly utilise the features. My phone OS is too old for the XBMC app and I'm pretty much stucked here.

I wasn't able to access the ASUSTOR XBMC configuration UI using the XBMC app. The only way I have found to do this is by connecting an HDMI display to the ASUSTOR..
10-03-2014, 16:21
(10-03-2014 13:43)rredline Wrote:  Oops...I forgot that I have mapped the MinimServer folder in Windows.
I have try to add the uPnP Device as music source and I've found MinimServer[ASUSTOR] and the music inside. But it seems MinimServer does not support APE files, only FLAC files show-up.
XBMC can play APE in other source without issue though.

You're correct that MinimServer doesn't support APE files.
15-03-2014, 02:31
(10-03-2014 16:07)simoncn Wrote:  I wasn't able to access the ASUSTOR XBMC configuration UI using the XBMC app. The only way I have found to do this is by connecting an HDMI display to the ASUSTOR..

I'm thinking of getting a cheap 7" HDMI display for XBMC config and music browsing.
15-03-2014, 08:11
(15-03-2014 02:31)rredline Wrote:  I'm thinking of getting a cheap 7" HDMI display for XBMC config and music browsing.

You could use it with your Raspberry Pi as well. Smile
15-03-2014, 11:05 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 11:21 by rredline.)
(03-03-2014 17:49)simoncn Wrote:  I can use the XBMC Remote app on iOS (not Android) to play files from MinimServer using XBMC via the ASUSTOR audio jack. I haven't found a way to get XBMC to play files through a USB DAC, and I haven't found any other UPnP media players for the ASUSTOR.

I have found that once Media Mode in Asustor Settings is activated (which is required by XBMC), players like SoundsGood (& XBMC?) seems unable to ouput audio through USB, therefore USB DAC does not work in this mode.