Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using tagUpdate file for "associated acts"
21-01-2014, 10:55
Using tagUpdate file for "associated acts"
I've been looking for a long time for a way to create associated acts references with my music and was wondering if the tagUpdate would work work for this ... as an example

For music tagged with the artist "Led Zeppelin" I'd like it to appear alongside solo acts "Robert Plant" and "Jimmy Page" (and equally the opposite).

In my example above, would the following be correct?

@ARTIST=Led Zeppelin
+ARTIST=Robert Plant
+ARTIST=Jimmy Page

As I read it I would just put those three lines into a plain text file and reference it in the tagUpdates field?

Will this work?

Eloise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2014, 11:32 (This post was last modified: 21-01-2014 11:33 by simoncn.)
RE: Using tagUpdate file for "associated acts"
(21-01-2014 10:55)audio_elf Wrote:  I've been looking for a long time for a way to create associated acts references with my music and was wondering if the tagUpdate would work work for this ... as an example

For music tagged with the artist "Led Zeppelin" I'd like it to appear alongside solo acts "Robert Plant" and "Jimmy Page" (and equally the opposite).

In my example above, would the following be correct?

@ARTIST=Led Zeppelin
+ARTIST=Robert Plant
+ARTIST=Jimmy Page

As I read it I would just put those three lines into a plain text file and reference it in the tagUpdates field?

Will this work?

Eloise

Yes, this should work. If you want the opposite as well, you need to expand this to:

@ARTIST=Led Zeppelin
+ARTIST=Robert Plant
+ARTIST=Jimmy Page
@ARTIST=Robert Plant
+ARTIST=Led Zeppelin
@ARTIST=Jimmy Page
+ARTIST=Led Zeppelin

This should be OK if you already have albums tagged with (for example) Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant. The tagUpdate file would add some duplicate tags, but MinimServer would eliminate these duplicates at a later stage. It would probably be a good idea (more efficient) for MinimServer to check for duplicates before adding tags at the tagUpdate stage.
21-01-2014, 12:17
Thanks ... the more I delve into Minimserver the more I like it :-)

I've been trying to work out how to do this (on other systems) for ages without having to manually add the tags to each file.

Eloise
21-01-2014, 12:59
(21-01-2014 12:17)audio_elf Wrote:  Thanks ... the more I delve into Minimserver the more I like it :-)

I've been trying to work out how to do this (on other systems) for ages without having to manually add the tags to each file.

Eloise

This feature of MinimServer has been slow to catch on. I think it's great, as I can quickly make experimental global changes. Enjoy! Smile