Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recordings listed in wrong Music Data listing
19-01-2014, 23:29
Recordings listed in wrong Music Data listing
Hi Team, I have a strange issue where now, after the last few upgrades around MinimServer 0.8 I suddenly find some low-key recordings (CD rips of 'best of 84' or similar, def 16/44.1) in my 24/192 Music Data listing. They certainly are not, so what triggers them to suddenly be visible there?
Thanks, Rene.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 23:40
RE: Recordings listed in wrong Music Data listing
(19-01-2014 23:29)ReneZ Wrote:  Hi Team, I have a strange issue where now, after the last few upgrades around MinimServer 0.8 I suddenly find some low-key recordings (CD rips of 'best of 84' or similar, def 16/44.1) in my 24/192 Music Data listing. They certainly are not, so what triggers them to suddenly be visible there?
Thanks, Rene.

I can't think of anything that would cause this. You could try doing a MinimServer Rescan followed by stopping and restarting the control point. Which control point are you using?
20-01-2014, 01:56
Hi Simon, it does it in Kinski, PlugPlayer and Leia, so not control point specific. All have been stopped and started, but still show the behaviour. Where does the relevant info sit?
20-01-2014, 10:33
(20-01-2014 01:56)ReneZ Wrote:  Hi Simon, it does it in Kinski, PlugPlayer and Leia, so not control point specific. All have been stopped and started, but still show the behaviour. Where does the relevant info sit?

What exactly is your 24/192 Music Data listing? Is it the entry under the #AudioData special tag saying 24/192000? If so, this information is read by MinimServer from the audio data within the file. Did you try doing a Rescan from the minim icon?
20-01-2014, 13:45
I have two instances running here on different set-ups; both show the same. Over the weekend I updated both systems, which resulted in stops/restarts so I thought it was all rescanned already. Will do the rescan

"What exactly is your 24/192 Music Data listing?" - that is what I see when I select "Music Info" from your menu and then select "24/192000", indeed. The albums that seem with the wrong info where standard CD's and never tagged as 24/192 (wouldn't know how and they're certainly not :-) ) Strangely enough they're all albums out og my "Various Artists" folder, but not all of them.

Meantime the rescan didn't improve things.
20-01-2014, 15:21
(20-01-2014 13:45)ReneZ Wrote:  I have two instances running here on different set-ups; both show the same. Over the weekend I updated both systems, which resulted in stops/restarts so I thought it was all rescanned already. Will do the rescan

"What exactly is your 24/192 Music Data listing?" - that is what I see when I select "Music Info" from your menu and then select "24/192000", indeed. The albums that seem with the wrong info where standard CD's and never tagged as 24/192 (wouldn't know how and they're certainly not :-) ) Strangely enough they're all albums out og my "Various Artists" folder, but not all of them.

Meantime the rescan didn't improve things.

MinimServer doesn't use tags to get the audio data information. It reads it directly from the audio data inside the file.

For the albums that appear in the 24/192000 list unexpectedly, what happens when you open one of these albums to view its contents? Do you see the complete contents of the album, or only certain tracks?
21-01-2014, 23:30
Hi Simon, I can see all the tracks and if selected it plays. I don't know how to see on the Linn Majik DSi what the stream is it receives, but I'm referring to scan's of normal CD's, scanned with DBPoweramp. This didn't happen with version 0.72 although I used the Audio Data quite a bit. I haven't changed anything to the files.Could rescan them, there about 10-15 but just wondering what it brings about.
21-01-2014, 23:55
Just had a quick look - MP3TAG shows the correct bit rate for the files that MinimServer now identified as 24/192000.
22-01-2014, 10:32
(21-01-2014 23:55)ReneZ Wrote:  Just had a quick look - MP3TAG shows the correct bit rate for the files that MinimServer now identified as 24/192000.

Can you upload one of these files to my FTP server? I'll PM you the server details now.
22-01-2014, 23:59
Will do.

I'll send a screen print with it that shows that particular CD in the 192 section.