Minimserver with QNAP
03-01-2014, 10:41
Minimserver with QNAP
Dear I am the owner of a QNAP Tmodel NAS drive
I have installed successfully the minimserver app using your instructions
I have a NAIM unitiQute streamer connected

The NAim can select the Minimserver as UPnP server
He detects my different itunes playlists without a problem
but then states that they are all empty...

It seems he cannot read the itunes format
what should I do

FYI On the same uniticute using a Twonky streamer all works finds except the Nstream application.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 11:59
RE: Minimserver with QNAP
(03-01-2014 10:41)Dirk Reyn Wrote:  Dear I am the owner of a QNAP Tmodel NAS drive
I have installed successfully the minimserver app using your instructions
I have a NAIM unitiQute streamer connected

The NAim can select the Minimserver as UPnP server
He detects my different itunes playlists without a problem
but then states that they are all empty...

It seems he cannot read the itunes format
what should I do

FYI On the same uniticute using a Twonky streamer all works finds except the Nstream application.

Are these playlists exported from iTunes as .m3u files? This is required for MinimServer to find them.

Please check the log (using MinimWatch) to see if there are any error messages from your playlists. Also, please post an example of the contents of one of your playlists.
03-01-2014, 20:56
this is the format of the file

EXTINF:228,Pulsewidth - Aphex Twin
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Aphex Twin\Selected Ambient Works 85-92\03 Pulsewidth.m4a
#EXTINF:307,Yma (Afterlife Remix) - Boozoo Bajou
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Compilations\Hotel Costes Vol.14\04 Yma (Afterlife Remix).m4a
#EXTINF:404,Street Halo - Burial
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Burial\Street Halo - Single\01 Street Halo.m4a
#EXTINF:405,Le sable bourgeois (Joris Delacroix Remix) - Fabien Dalzin
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Fabien Dalzin\Plain Jane\05 Le sable bourgeois (Joris Delacro.m4a
#EXTINF:236,My Friend (Dorfmeister Mix) - Groove Armada
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Various Artists\Angel Beach_ Second Wave (Disc 2)\02 My Friend (Dorfmeister Mix).mp3
#EXTINF:338,Rapture - iiO
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Compilations\Ibiza Lounge 2\08 Rapture.m4a
#EXTINF:290,Midnight (manuel tur & dplay remix) - Jamc Groove
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Compilations\Supperclub Jealousy\2-06 Midnight (manuel tur & dplay re.m4a
#EXTINF:469,Hear the News (Erotic Mix) - Kid Kad
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Compilations\Dynamite Lounge Vol. 3 - Sexy Chill Out\14 Hear the News (Erotic Mix).m4a
#EXTINF:263,Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? - Moby
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Compilations\Lounge Classics\1-13 Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad_.m4a
#EXTINF:286,Sentient - Mr FijiWiji & Tülpa
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Mr FijiWiji\Friends EP - Single\01 Sentient.m4a
#EXTINF:417,Jus' Dance [Sole Channel Mix] - Mr. V
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Various Artists\Hôtel Costes_ A Decade 1999-2009 (Disc 2\11 Jus' Dance [Sole Channel Mix].mp3
#EXTINF:188,Breathe - Mulsanne
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Various Artists\Angel Beach_ Second Wave (Disc 2)\04 Breathe.mp3
#EXTINF:280,Kiss Kiss - Parov Stelar
\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Various Artists\Hôtel Costes_ A Decade 1999-2009 (Disc 2\04 Kiss Kiss.mp3
#EXTINF:245,All This Love For
03-01-2014, 20:57
Are these playlists exported from iTunes as .m3u files? This is required for MinimServer to find them.

Yes the files are all .m3u files
03-01-2014, 22:05
(03-01-2014 20:56)Dirk Reyn Wrote:  this is the format of the file

\\qnap\multimedia\muziek\Music\Aphex Twin\Selected Ambient Works 85-92\03 Pulsewidth.m4a

The paths in this file are in the wrong format. You need to use Linux-style paths, not Windows-style paths. The paths can be either absolute or relative to the location of the .m3u file. For example, the correct absolute path for the first entry would be something like:

/share/Multimedia/muziek/Music/Aphex Twin/Selected Ambient Works 85-92/03 Pulsewidth.m4a

Note: Because these are Linux paths, you need to ensure that the capitalization of all path components exactly matches the directory names on your NAS.
04-01-2014, 14:21
The paths in this file are in the wrong format. You need to use Linux-style paths, not Windows-style paths. The paths can be either absolute or relative to the location of the .m3u file. For example, the correct absolute path for the first entry would be something like:

/share/Multimedia/muziek/Music/Aphex Twin/Selected Ambient Works 85-92/03 Pulsewidth.m4a

Note: Because these are Linux paths, you need to ensure that the capitalization of all path components exactly matches the directory names on your NAS.
[/quote]

is there an easy way to change existing windows playlists to linux paths automatically or do I need to edit all playlists ?
04-01-2014, 16:01
(04-01-2014 14:21)Dirk Reyn Wrote:  is there an easy way to change existing windows playlists to linux paths automatically or do I need to edit all playlists ?

I don't know of an easy way to make this change automatically. Did you create these playlists using iTunes on Windows?
19-01-2014, 17:15
(04-01-2014 16:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 14:21)Dirk Reyn Wrote:  is there an easy way to change existing windows playlists to linux paths automatically or do I need to edit all playlists ?

I don't know of an easy way to make this change automatically. Did you create these playlists using iTunes on Windows?

YES I DID
I use itunes on my Windows computer
19-01-2014, 18:56
(19-01-2014 17:15)Dirk Reyn Wrote:  YES I DID
I use itunes on my Windows computer

iTunes has created Windows-style paths in your playlists. These paths would be valid when accessing the playlist file as a share on a Windows machine, but they aren't valid when the playlist file is accessed from MinimServer running on Linux on the NAS.