Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer
18-01-2014, 13:08
RE: Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer
(18-01-2014 11:12)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 09:37)Peter@57m Wrote:  The above appears to work for playing. Should there be a unique identifier for each stream or each type of stream (mp3, AAC, etc)? Could you explain how MinimServer uses the stream ID - is it to identify recordings which I haven't tried?
I will try updating my file to unique IDs to see if it changes anything.

At present, the stream ID is used for recordings and would need to be unique for that purpose. The latest update to MinimStreamer also uses the stream ID to control stream sharing (playing the same network stream concurrently on multiple devices in the home). I am planning to add a check in the near future to ensure uniqueness of stream IDs.

Simon,
Thanks for the update, that explains why it worked OK for just playback.
I have updated my initail post and the post above to reflect unique naming so I don't mislead others.
Peter

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Lumin & Kazoo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 09:36
Hi Simon,

I seem to have some trouble transcoding radio streams, although locally stored files seem to transcode ok. Also, the direct streams play fine. I'm currently testing using Windows Media Player.

As you know I have a somewhat special setup, with Minim running in a CHROOT environment on my DS410.

Some relevant parameters:
stream.converter: ffmpeg
stream.transcode: flac:wav24, mp3:wav24, aac:wav24, alac:wav24

Example file:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[Cap] Capital Radio
http://ice-the.musicradio.com:80/CapitalMP3
#EXTINF:-1,[CFM] Classic FM
http://ice-the.musicradio.com:80/ClassicFMMP3
#EXTINF:-1,[RMO] RockMax Oldies
http://212.111.2.151:8000/rm_old_256.mp3

[u]Log file:[/u/]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2703...0Radio.txt

Hope you can offer some help to get this resolved. It probably has something to do with my setup.

Thanks a lot
30-01-2014, 10:42
(30-01-2014 09:36)jones Wrote:  Hi Simon,

I seem to have some trouble transcoding radio streams, although locally stored files seem to transcode ok. Also, the direct streams play fine. I'm currently testing using Windows Media Player.

As you know I have a somewhat special setup, with Minim running in a CHROOT environment on my DS410.

Example file:
#EXTM3U

Hope you can offer some help to get this resolved. It probably has something to do with my setup.

Thanks a lot

From the log, I see that the problem is related to a shared stream not having been cleaned up correctly after a previous use of the same stream. This is a bug in MinimStreamer and isn't related to your setup.

The latest 0.3.10 update to MinimStreamer (just released) has some changes to fix problems in this area. Please try this and let me know whether it fixes this problem.
30-01-2014, 11:39
(30-01-2014 10:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:36)jones Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Example file:
#EXTM3U

Thanks a lot

From the log, I see that the problem is related to a shared stream not having been cleaned up correctly after a previous use of the same stream. This is a bug in MinimStreamer and isn't related to your setup.

The latest 0.3.10 update to MinimStreamer (just released) has some changes to fix problems in this area. Please try this and let me know whether it fixes this problem.

Yes, thanks for the update. Nice how MinimWatch automatically gives a message about them and with just a few clicks they are installed.
Unfortunately, they didn't solve my issue. Placing the target file in the queue (eg. [Cap] Capital Radio) doesn't give any sound. Clearing the log and pressing play once again in the player (this time Bubble on my Android) creates the attached log. I hope it helps to resolve it, if you need more info, i'll be happy to oblige.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Transcode error log when playing [Cap] Capital Radio - v3.10.txt (Size: 66.12 KB / Downloads: 4)
30-01-2014, 12:25
(30-01-2014 11:39)jones Wrote:  Yes, thanks for the update. Nice how MinimWatch automatically gives a message about them and with just a few clicks they are installed.
Unfortunately, they didn't solve my issue. Placing the target file in the queue (eg. [Cap] Capital Radio) doesn't give any sound. Clearing the log and pressing play once again in the player (this time Bubble on my Android) creates the attached log. I hope it helps to resolve it, if you need more info, i'll be happy to oblige.

This is very different from the previous log. The MP3 stream is being passed as input to ffmpeg, which is rejecting it because it can't detect the sample rate of the input stream. This might be because the input stream is empty or has incorrect contents.

From your description, it sounds like there are two different problems. The first problem (for which you haven't sent a log) is that the stream appears to play (the time increases in the control point) but there is no sound. The second problem (for which you have sent a log) is that the stream fails to start playing. Is this correct?

It's possible that the second problem is caused by the first problem. so I think it would be best to start by debugging the first problem. Please restart everything, set the logging level to Debug, and try to play the stream. After a few of seconds of the stream playing with no sound, stop the stream playing, save the log, zip the log, and post it here.

FYI, this stream is playing OK for me with wav24 transcoding.
30-01-2014, 12:43
(30-01-2014 12:25)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:39)jones Wrote:  Yes, thanks for the update. Nice how MinimWatch automatically gives a message about them and with just a few clicks they are installed.

This is very different from the previous log. The MP3 stream is being passed as input to ffmpeg, which is rejecting it because it can't detect the sample rate of the input stream. This might be because the input stream is empty or has incorrect contents.

From your description, it sounds like there are two different problems. The first problem (for which you haven't sent a log) is that the stream appears to play (the time increases in the control point) but there is no sound. The second problem (for which you have sent a log) is that the stream fails to start playing. Is this correct?

It's possible that the second problem is caused by the first problem. so I think it would be best to start by debugging the first problem. Please restart everything, set the logging level to Debug, and try to play the stream. After a few of seconds of the stream playing with no sound, stop the stream playing, save the log, zip the log, and post it here.

FYI, this stream is playing OK for me with wav24 transcoding.

Hi Simon,

The difference was unintended. Anyway, I restarted Minimserver and the player on my phone. Tested whether the direct stream played properly (no entry in the log is made when you play directly) and then started it via MinimStreamer. There is no sound, the time also doesn't advance. To me it seems like nothing is happening.
I've tried to restart it a couple of times by pressing the 'play' button in the 'now playing' screen of Bubble player.

Hope this log is of more help. It wouldn't surprise me if this issue has something to do with my setup. Perhaps ports that go on the internet are not properly mapped so no data reaches MinimStreamer? Perhaps you have some way of telling, because of the way Minim works and updates itself or so.

Thanks for your help.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Transcode error log when playing [Cap] 4.zip (Size: 13.63 KB / Downloads: 1)
30-01-2014, 13:52
(30-01-2014 12:43)jones Wrote:  Hi Simon,

The difference was unintended. Anyway, I restarted Minimserver and the player on my phone. Tested whether the direct stream played properly (no entry in the log is made when you play directly) and then started it via MinimStreamer. There is no sound, the time also doesn't advance. To me it seems like nothing is happening.
I've tried to restart it a couple of times by pressing the 'play' button in the 'now playing' screen of Bubble player.

Hope this log is of more help. It wouldn't surprise me if this issue has something to do with my setup. Perhaps ports that go on the internet are not properly mapped so no data reaches MinimStreamer? Perhaps you have some way of telling, because of the way Minim works and updates itself or so.

Thanks for your help.

I've found the cause of the problem. The LUMIN player is sending the following HTTP request for the stream:

GET /CapitalMP3 HTTP/1.1
Host: ice-the.musicradio.com
Connection: keep-alive
User-Agent: stagefright/1.2 (Linux;Android 4.2.2)
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept: */*

My LINN DS sends this request:

GET /CapitalMP3 HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Linn DS
Connection: close
Icy-MetaData: 1
Range: bytes=0-

The "Icy-MetaData: 1" header is missing from the GET request sent by LUMIN. This causes a difference in the response sent by Capital Radio. With the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header present in the GET request, the response is:

Content-Type: audio/mpeg
icy-br:128
ice-audio-info: ice-samplerate=44100;ice-bitrate=128;ice-channels=2
icy-description:Capital 95.8
icy-genre:Pop
icy-name:Capital 95.8
icy-private:0
icy-pub:1
icy-url:http://rdns.musicradio.com/25
Server: Icecast 2.3.2
Cache-Control: no-cache
icy-metaint:16000

With the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header absent from the GET request, the response is:

which doesn't contain the header "icy-metaint:16000". MinimStreamer depends on the presence of this header to recognise and parse an Icecast stream, and the incorrect input to ffmpeg is caused by the absence of this header.

Some possible solutions are:

1) LUMIN could change their firmware to send the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request
2) MinimStreamer could add the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request if the player doesn't include it
3) MinimStreamer could assume a default value of 16000 for icy-metaint if no icy-metaint header is received. This is presumably what LUMIN is doing.

I think the safest and most robust approach is for MinimStreamer to do 2). I will include this change in the next MinimStreamer update.
30-01-2014, 14:22
(30-01-2014 13:52)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 12:43)jones Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Thanks for your help.

I've found the cause of the problem. The LUMIN player is sending the following HTTP request for the stream:

GET /CapitalMP3 HTTP/1.1
Connection: keep-alive
User-Agent: stagefright/1.2 (Linux;Android 4.2.2)
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept: */*

My LINN DS sends this request:

GET /CapitalMP3 HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Linn DS
Connection: close
Icy-MetaData: 1
Range: bytes=0-

The "Icy-MetaData: 1" header is missing from the GET request sent by LUMIN. This causes a difference in the response sent by Capital Radio. With the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header present in the GET request, the response is:

icy-metaint:16000

With the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header absent from the GET request, the response is:

which doesn't contain the header "icy-metaint:16000". MinimStreamer depends on the presence of this header to recognise and parse an Icecast stream, and the incorrect input to ffmpeg is caused by the absence of this header.

Some possible solutions are:

1) LUMIN could change their firmware to send the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request
2) MinimStreamer could add the "Icy-MetaData: 1" header in its GET request if the player doesn't include it
3) MinimStreamer could assume a default value of 16000 for icy-metaint if no icy-metaint header is received. This is presumably what LUMIN is doing.

I think the safest and most robust approach is for MinimStreamer to do 2). I will include this change in the next MinimStreamer update.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this Simon.
Not sure why you mention "LUMIN" player, since i'm using BubbleUPnP, but also Windows Media Player gives me the same issue.

Anyway, looking forward to your fix in due time. If I can help e.g. by beta-checking, please let me know.
30-01-2014, 15:23
(30-01-2014 14:22)jones Wrote:  Thanks for getting to the bottom of this Simon.
Not sure why you mention "LUMIN" player, since i'm using BubbleUPnP, but also Windows Media Player gives me the same issue.

Anyway, looking forward to your fix in due time. If I can help e.g. by beta-checking, please let me know.

The title of this thread is "Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer", so I thought you were using a LUMIN player. You did refer to BubbleUPnP, but I thought you were using this as a control point.

I have now reproduced the problem by using BubbleUPnP as the control point and renderer. This will be useful for testing the change to MinimStreamer.
30-01-2014, 15:42
(30-01-2014 15:23)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 14:22)jones Wrote:  Thanks for getting to the bottom of this Simon.

The title of this thread is "Radio Stations in Lumin via MinimStreamer", so I thought you were using a LUMIN player. You did refer to BubbleUPnP, but I thought you were using this as a control point.

I have now reproduced the problem by using BubbleUPnP as the control point and renderer. This will be useful for testing the change to MinimStreamer.

That makes sense, my bad.
One step closer to a solution. Thanks.