Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vinyl Rips
25-09-2019, 18:25
Vinyl Rips
Hello all after some help if anyone can! As always great if you can & no worries if not.

Some of my albums are ripped from vinyl and I have added [Vinyl] to the end of the title in the tags e.g. Dark Side Of The Moon [Vinyl]

What I was was wondering is if there is anyway I can create a sort for vinyl rips only, so a folder shows at start for vinyl rips, as well as albums, items, Artist, Genre etc.....

I managed to do it for compilations as I use the name Various Artists in AlbumArtist tag (I only use AlbumArtist tag for compliations). I used the following line and I now have a Compilations folder.

indexTags AlbumArtists=Various Artists:Compilations

As said early thanks in advance for any help given.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2019, 19:30
RE: Vinyl Rips
The best way to do this is to use a tag editor program to add a tag to identify these albums. For example, the name of the tag could be Vinyl and its value could be yes.

To quickly find these albums, you could add Vinyl=yes to the indexTags property. This adds a new menu selection named Vinyl. When you click on this menu selection, you will see everything tagged with Vinyl=yes.
26-09-2019, 09:35
Thanks Simon. I'll give it a go and report back as soon as I've got it working.
11-10-2019, 18:16
If you don't fancy creating new tags and the selection is small (or you're happy to script it) you could use a tagUpdate script.

tagUpdate.txt
Code:
@ALBUM=Dark Side Of The Moon [Vinyl]
+VINYL=1
@ALBUM=The Wall [Vinyl]
+VINYL=1

and then:

indexTags: VINYL=1:VinylRips
tagUpdate: [path]\tagUpdate.txt