Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update to 0.8.1 resulted in tagging errors
01-01-2014, 18:44
Update to 0.8.1 resulted in tagging errors
Dear Simon,

Just updated from release 0.7.1 to to 0.8.1 and encountered some problems (using a QNAP NAS):

1. All selections except selection by album result in "server does not respond".

2. Selection of some songs (via album selection) results in an error message "skipped track", resulting in not being able to play the track, while seeing all album details, including album art, in the album selection view. Only happens with some albums. Most play without such problem, but many do not ... On release 0.7.1 I did not encounter such problems. All songs on my library were playing just fine.

It seems to me that some property settings might not have been transferred correctly when running the update.

I have currently the following settings:

IndexTags: Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra
ItemTags: blank
ListViewAlbums: blank
TagOptions: Album.sortTags={Artist, Date}

TagCustom: Composer.displayRole={artist}
TagFormat: Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}

I have already restarted MinimServer via MinimWatch. And I have also restarted by QNAP, without resulting in any improvement. Also, version 0.7.1 has been removed from the QNAP NAS, to avoid any conflicts.

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance!

Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 21:25
RE: Update to 0.8.1 resulted in tagging errors
(01-01-2014 18:44)Frank Andreesen Wrote:  Dear Simon,

Just updated from release 0.7.1 to to 0.8.1 and encountered some problems (using a QNAP NAS):

1. All selections except selection by album result in "server does not respond".

2. Selection of some songs (via album selection) results in an error message "skipped track", resulting in not being able to play the track, while seeing all album details, including album art, in the album selection view. Only happens with some albums. Most play without such problem, but many do not ... On release 0.7.1 I did not encounter such problems. All songs on my library were playing just fine.

It seems to me that some property settings might not have been transferred correctly when running the update.

I have currently the following settings:

IndexTags: Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra
ItemTags: blank
ListViewAlbums: blank
TagOptions: Album.sortTags={Artist, Date}

TagCustom: Composer.displayRole={artist}
TagFormat: Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}

I have already restarted MinimServer via MinimWatch. And I have also restarted by QNAP, without resulting in any improvement. Also, version 0.7.1 has been removed from the QNAP NAS, to avoid any conflicts.

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance!

Frank

Your properties look OK. Do you see any errors in the log window when these problems occur?

I think it would be a good idea to completely remove MinimServer 0.8.1 and do a new installation. You don't need to remove or reinstall Java. After the installation completes, use the online update facility to install MinimServer update 13.
01-01-2014, 21:53
RE: Update to 0.8.1 resulted in tagging errors
Dear Simon,

Thanks for your fast reply! Have meanwhile tried different indextag settings and removed "all artists" from the indextag entry, reading now as follows:

Artist, Date, Genre, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra

I have also removed the tagOptions entry and left it completely blank.

After re-setting MS all folders displayed their respective folder items correctly ... So, all is up and running again :-).

Thanks for your prompt suggestion anyway and all the best for a happy, healthy successful 2014!

Best regards,

Frank