Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the time-limited license?
13-12-2014, 08:18
RE: Why the time-limited license?
(23-06-2014 20:50)simoncn Wrote:  I don't have any current intentions to do anything that would cause MinimStreamer to become unavailable after the end of 2014. However, I can't make any firm commitments for what might happen in future. I hope this is helpful.

Hi Simon,

If I'f not mistaken, MinimStreamer still expires by December 31, 2014, which is approaching quite fast.

Can you tell us more about your plans for 2015?

Thanks. Kind regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2014, 08:33
(13-12-2014 08:18)jones Wrote:  Hi Simon,

If I'f not mistaken, MinimStreamer still expires by December 31, 2014, which is approaching quite fast.

Can you tell us more about your plans for 2015?

Thanks. Kind regards

A new release will be available very soon. It will be licensed under the current terms until 30 June 2015.
20-07-2015, 20:27
Simon -

I saw on the streamer site that the license expires in December 2015. In looking at this thread, it would appear that such expiration is not uncommon. I think I would like to use this tool but I am planning to sell my home with the system in place sometime this year. Will the module continue to work after the expiration date or should I look elsewhere for a solution?

Bob Bell
20-07-2015, 20:35
(20-07-2015 20:27)rtbell576 Wrote:  Simon -

I saw on the streamer site that the license expires in December 2015. In looking at this thread, it would appear that such expiration is not uncommon. I think I would like to use this tool but I am planning to sell my home with the system in place sometime this year. Will the module continue to work after the expiration date or should I look elsewhere for a solution?

Bob Bell

There will be an announcement before December 2015 regarding future licensing terms for MinimStreamer (free or paid). You need not be concerned that MinimStreamer might stop working.